2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
161 - 180 of 198 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Tristan.

I've disconnected then reconnected the wired sop16 clip/adapter many times so i don't think it's that. Yes i will search for another driver tomorrow. I have also bought another ch341a too i should have it in next week or two. I used "Ride & Live's" bin file so i think it'd be fine, but will also try another. I need to sit down with it this weekend when i'll have more time to spend on it.

Failing all that, if i can't figure it out. I have bought yet another (my 4th!) cmu locally, it has 70.00.335. I will first update it to 70.00.352 & allow serial access - i did this part before twice sucessfully so i know it will work. THEN i will try to install the tweaks, but this time i will just select one option "no more disclaimer" and make sure the "apps to resources" checkbox ticked. Hopefully it works. If i brick it a third time i won't try tweaks again. If that happens i would then continue trying to "unbrick" all 3 cmu's and if i am sucessful i will sell all of them. I already have a cmu in my car (running 70.00.367) which i won't touch.

Mark

· Registered
28 Posts
Ok so i worked out the problem. I think it was a faulty wired SOC16 alligator clip/adapter not contacting the chip properly, or the wiring was wrong. I used another un-wired SOC16 clip - it fitted onto chip snugly first go, unlike the other poor quality one. Then i connected the required 8 wires to the ch314a manually. To be safe i also installed a different set of ch314a drivers and downloaded newer ch314a software (version 2 something).
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic instrument Electrical wiring

It worked. I have unsuccessfully unbricked my spare 2 cmu's. Hurrah!

For some reason my car's usb port wouldn't recognise the 70.00.352 update files straight off (it worked fine though when i got to this point twice before) so i tried an older 70.00.100 file (2 files actually) and it worked fine.

So i installed 70.00.100 to both cmu's. Using the "hidden diagnostic menu" i typed 99 which made it search for an update file on the usb ports, which was on my usb drive. Installed 70.00.352 on both cmu's fine.

Thanks folks for all your help!

Only problem now is when it said "turn ignition off then back on to complete installation" etc, the text in PuTTY didn't stop rolling like it did before. So despite many attempts i was unable to right-click (paste) the copied command text to start the tweaks process. Also all the text flying by was garbled characters, not the legible text you usually see. Did it on both. Not sure why this changed or what it means. The updates worked, i just couldn't run the tweaks file.

So i don't upset anyone i will discuss it further in this tweaks thread:

· Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone. I want to downgrade my system from 74.00.311A to lower than v59.00.502A(to make it easier to aio installation). I rewrote spi nor and changed 0x010000 address from ff to 00. The problem is when I try to install version 56.00.210A the system throws an error at 99% of the installation.
Can you help me to fix this problem, please?
Font Display device Gadget Flat panel display Electronic device

• I was very careful while rewriting the spi nor flash. I didn't miss a single step (read, erase, program verify, etc)
  • I rewrote my backup bin when I got my first error at 99% and tried again. The result is the same.
  • I tried to install my previous version 74 but the system didn't even start to install.
  • Also I tried the failsafe extractor program and patched the working backup, but it didn't work.
  • I removed my sd card for navigation.

· Registered
18 Posts
Hello everyone. I want to downgrade my system from 74.00.311A to lower than v59.00.502A(to make it easier to aio installation). I rewrote spi nor and changed 0x010000 address from ff to 00. The problem is when I try to install version 56.00.210A the system throws an error at 99% of the installation.
Can you help me to fix this problem, please?
View attachment 287917

• I was very careful while rewriting the spi nor flash. I didn't miss a single step (read, erase, program verify, etc)
  • I rewrote my backup bin when I got my first error at 99% and tried again. The result is the same.
  • I tried to install my previous version 74 but the system didn't even start to install.
  • Also I tried the failsafe extractor program and patched the working backup, but it didn't work.
  • I removed my sd card for navigation.
@dxdiag 59.00.502 is the lowest you can go with spi nor flash, it is not possible to go lower than that version. Try flashing 70.00.100 its seem to works best with spi nor flash to recover cmu, after that you can apply ID7 recovery script of serial connection method to allow tweaks installation via usb. You can after downgrade to fw59.00.502+

Only install fw74.00.310 if you want to ban your cmu from aio tweaks, (exception of ID7v3 not published) have mzd cp/AA hardware or block your cmu from firmware downgrade and enjoy spi nor flashing to downgrade firmware version.

Good luck son.

· Registered
13 Posts
@dxdiag 59.00.502 is the lowest you can go with spi nor flash, it is not possible to go lower than that version. Try flashing 70.00.100 it seems to work best with spi nor flash to recovery cmu, after that you can downgrade to fw59.00.502 or higher.

Good luck son.
Thank you for the quick response. I read tons of messages and watched everything I found but I missed this info. I'll try this.

· Registered
13 Posts
How it was done is not published. But you can try to ask the guy who uploaded/created the video.
I wrote him on facebook and whatsapp but unfortunately, he doesn't answer.

By the way, After installing 70.00.100 I tried to make the serial connection but I couldn't login with user/jci & cmu/jci. Do you have any idea about this problem?

· Registered
404 Posts
When I send data via serial connection the led on the serial to USB card is flashing one time. Do you think that is this a sign of good wiring?

By the way, my car's firmware is 70.00.100 but fail-safe version is 74.00.311. Can this be the problem?
Hi dxdiag!
Is your CMU FW version 74.00.311 come from factory or you upgrade from lower FW to that?
If this CMU's FW come from factory, could you please share the file backup SPI of FW 74.00.311.
I've one CMU, it bricked now when i try to downgrade from 74.00.210 to 70.00.100, i try all solution i know but it alway fails at 99%.... i want to try unbrick it with your backup SPI NOR file...
Thank you!

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi dxdiag!
Is your CMU FW version 74.00.311 come from factory or you upgrade from lower FW to that?
If this CMU's FW come from factory, could you please share the file backup SPI of FW 74.00.311.
I've one CMU, it bricked now when i try to downgrade from 74.00.210 to 70.00.100, i try all solution i know but it alway fails at 99%.... i want to try unbrick it with your backup SPI NOR file...
Thank you!
Hello friend, unfortunately, my car had lower fw when I bought it. I upgraded from a version lower than 59.00.502 to 74.00.376A.

· Registered
4 Posts
hello,

I have this same problem on my 2019 mazda CX-5.

it is stuck in the update menu.
now i am trying to unlock it with the CH341a tool.
a made a backup
ajusted ff to all 00 00 00 as shown in instruction videos.

up until this point everything works fine. but when i try to write it everything goes right it seems. until I read the ecu and it is allmost empty. a few adresses are ajusted but the rest is all FF FF FF FF.

does anybody know what i am doing wrong.
i tried to ajust a 2nd CH341a adapter tot 3.3v but this does not work at all at my laptop. i cant make any conection with this one.

the only problem i can find is that when i try to verify the software it gives this error: chip with contents are in disagreement

anybody who knows what i am doing wrong or is able to help me?

gr nick,

· Registered
13 Posts
hello,

I have this same problem on my 2019 mazda CX-5.

it is stuck in the update menu.
now i am trying to unlock it with the CH341a tool.
a made a backup
ajusted ff to all 00 00 00 as shown in instruction videos.

up until this point everything works fine. but when i try to write it everything goes right it seems. until I read the ecu and it is allmost empty. a few adresses are ajusted but the rest is all FF FF FF FF.

does anybody know what i am doing wrong.
i tried to ajust a 2nd CH341a adapter tot 3.3v but this does not work at all at my laptop. i cant make any conection with this one.

the only problem i can find is that when i try to verify the software it gives this error: chip with contents are in disagreement

anybody who knows what i am doing wrong or is able to help me?

gr nick,
Hello, are you sure you choose the right chip? Did you click "detect" when you connect your programmer card to your laptop?
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

· Registered
4 Posts
Can you tell me which chip is detected? Also, can you be sure if you try to rewrite the correct bin file?
the chip it showed was the same as the one on the print

I Made a backup and ajusted the Reboot channel to 00 00 00 etc

and is looks right to me.
And I allso tried a other bin file for test but is does the same en not work

· Registered
13 Posts
the chip it showed was the same as the one on the print

I Made a backup and ajusted the Reboot channel to 00 00 00 etc

and is looks right to me.
And I allso tried a other bin file for test but is does the same en not work
You said that you followed every step but I want to be sure. Did you erase the chip before rewrite it again?

· Registered
4 Posts
You said that you followed every step but I want to be sure. Did you erase the chip before rewrite it again?
Yes I did

but I Just found out that my adapter had 2 wires wrong.
So I re tried it and after erasing it
Cheking if empty
And then load the new file

and now I cant load it and it gives a error:
Starts programming and then it says: write operations timeout failed.

161 - 180 of 198 Posts