2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? Just bought my Mazda3 Hatchback and was lookin' to quickly get rid of that stock dealership look. Getting tinted windows tomorrow. If anyone has pics of this look or any other color combo for that matter, post em up =).

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
i like it . im planning on blacking everything out on my black mica hatch. ive plastidipped my wheels black and i notice that the silver calipers definately stand out. as do my headlights all chrome on a black front end. so i wanna get them painted too.

post some pics boss!

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Where are you guys getting your paint for the calipers and rims?
Use Dupli-Color. Its probably the best you can get without going professional

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
i just plastidipped my rims so i could take it off later. my friend has duplicolored his winter wheels on his VW and that came out like oem finish. and i think most people have gotten caliper paint

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey that looks like my blacked out twin^^^^^
What % tint is that? Thats next on my list and I need ideas on what I want since ive never had a car tinted
Haha nice. Next for me (hopefully) is lowering, SRI, and exhaust.

My tint is 15% but i wish I got a little bit darker. I mean, it works well, but I guess having an all black car with black interior, it doesn't seem like it's that dark.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
My tint is 15% but i wish I got a little bit darker. I mean, it works well, but I guess having an all black car with black interior, it doesn't seem like it's that dark.
lol I know that feeling. I used to have 5%, got really used to it, and got pulled over after close to a year and had to change it to 15%. Just stick with it lol night driving was really hard to get used to with the 5.

Anyway, I like black on black, paint the calipers! Gold or red I think.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
Lol looks like my sky with the pd wheels. I need tint but I'm going 35 for legality. I'm prob gonna paint my calipers black. Looks good sanddevil

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol I know that feeling. I used to have 5%, got really used to it, and got pulled over after close to a year and had to change it to 15%. Just stick with it lol night driving was really hard to get used to with the 5.

Anyway, I like black on black, paint the calipers! Gold or red I think.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Well everyone has red calipers so I think I'm going with the gold. Maybe once i make my 'evil M', I'll either paint that black or gold to do a little accenting on the car. Decisions decisions

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.