2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2011 Mazda 3 i touring black mica sedan, I plan on keeping it stock for awhile, but I know I want to put black wheels on it for the black on black look, and I might even take it further by blacking parts out. I really love the look. I'm coming from a truck so I am not very familiar with wheel choices for small cars. Anyone have any suggestions of good looking rims in black? Thank you :)

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Do you like stance or not?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As in lower? Not really. Also, aggressive is ok just not overdone. I love the way it rides right now, so anything thats going to give me a similar or better ride is ok with me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
SAVE SOME $$$ AND POWDER COAT YOUR STOCK RIMS...:yes:

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts
I just ordered a set of these:

Tenzo Tracer V1 Black Matte, 18x8.5 +48

I bought them from Black Mamba Motorsports, on clearance for $440 + shipping!

A few other members of this forum have them already, if you want to check out their pics (warlord & NinjaT1985).

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
^^^ that's a steal! :]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like the way those rims look on Ninjas, though they look totally different on warlords. They have the same rim? Or is it just the color of their cars that are throwing me off? Definitely like NinjaT1985 wheels though.

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts
I really like the way those rims look on Ninjas, though they look totally different on warlords. They have the same rim? Or is it just the color of their cars that are throwing me off? Definitely like NinjaT1985 wheels though.
actually, I think warlord's are gunmetal, not black, so that might be what's throwing you off. I agree that NinjaT1985's look awesome!

·
Car Fanatic
35 Posts
I recently got my stockers powdercoated black (also have a black mica sedan) and this is the end result, I am doing a black and red theme.

Attachments

Reactions: Mzda_Dmn

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
Get of pic of them mounted! Interested to see how it'll look.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looks good! I have a question, does the powder coat on the wheels get scratched up when the installers mount the tires? What's the prep work besides dismounting the tires and stems, or does the powder coat shop do the prep work? Average cost?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those look really good! Pics w/ them mounted would be awesome. Shopping for Tires and a new Rim is kind of a chore and probably more $$$ than I want to spend so I do believe when I get some bday money (bday tomorrow!) I am gonna start looking to get it done. How much did you pay for your rims to be powder coated Horrorscope?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, my brother talked me into getting some 17s or 18s and I am debating between the Tenzo Type-M's and Enkei EKM3's...definitely in black...I don't recall seeing anyone on here with them, anyone know of a member that has them so I can check em out on the Mazda 3?

·
Car Fanatic
35 Posts
Sorry I forgot to post back:/ This is a picture of them mounted..wheel gap is pretty outrageous but I love the way they turned out. Yes the car is dirty.

PS No scratches when installing because I did it myself with a torque wrench, not a shop with an impact.

[/URL]

Damn...fucked up the size..

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They aren't bad. I like the spoke design, but I'm not fond of the silver lip.

I'd definitely go with 18" in whatever wheels you decide to buy, to help close up some of the wheel gap.
Yea I kind of scrapped the idea of getting polished lips. It's between Tracers and DR 34's, tough decision! I have the $$$ to buy the wheels if I get a good deal on them, but I'll have to wait to get tires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts