2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. Don’t know if this is the right thread to post my question. But here it goes. Yesterday my cars average was @32MPG. After driving it for approximately 15 miles. I stopped and had it topped up with gasoline. After that I went and drove and checked my MPG and it went up to 37MPG. Any idea how it bumped up that high? Btw, I just did install my lowering springs. Would that make a didference with the MPG. Not sure if there’s a direct correlation with that. But any inputs would help. Thank you.
-GS

·
Registered
468 Posts
I hope you are taking the piss

That distance, and the way you measured the consumption, is a totally useless measure

Come back when you have used a couple of tanks and the difference is more than 20%

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Vehicle mileage improves up to approximately 15,000 miles as everything wears in. That mileage is what is used by some testing agencies for determining mileage and comparing it to other vehicles.

As noted above, one needs to do many tanks to get an accurate reading, for there are many variables in short time measurements, e.g., wind, traffic, road surfaces, rain or not, elevation, etc.

·
Working Class Hero
3,710 Posts
These gents speak the truth. Instantaneous mileage readings are useless. Good, old fashioned math over many samples is the best way to track efficiency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts