2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Bi-Xenon or Xenon on Mazda 3 2014

11K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GerryB 
#1 ·
I havent really found the information about this so i hope there is someone who can give me a quick answer here, there is probably information in the manuals but that didint help me all to much when i where trying to find it there.

Now to the thing, i have bought a Mazda 3 Vision from 2014, however i havent picked it up yet, the question is when did Mazda 3 got Bi Xenon instead of "normal" Xenon?
I have seen that some car dealers write that Mazda 3 Vision from 2014 has Bi Xenon and some not.

And in the end, is there a hughe difference to have Bi Xenon insetad or normal Xenon?

#2 ·
xenon vs. bi-xenon

Hi.
As far as I know these depends on configuration of car from dealership not on time of manufacturing.
Xenon=only low beam is xenon. High beam is normal bulb.
Bi-xenon= Both low and high beam are xenon lights.

Sorry for any typos or bad english.
Hope it helps.:wink2:

#4 ·
Hi.
As far as I know these depends on configuration of car from dealership not on time of manufacturing.
Xenon=only low beam is xenon. High beam is normal bulb.
Bi-xenon= Both low and high beam are xenon lights.

Sorry for any typos or bad english.
Hope it helps.:wink2:

Well if thats the case then it should be Bi Xenon because on all the pictures and videos in seen about the car it seems like also the head light is Xenon.
Thansk for the answer btw :)

#5 ·
It should come with either bixenon or halogen headlights depending on the trim level. The Mazda 3 started using bixenon on their second gen. The thing is Mazda 3 doesn't have that great of a projector set up so light output isn't the greatest compared to other makes and model, but still much better than halogen for sure tho.

#9 ·
The halogen mazda 3 uses a typical "black series" projector that can easily be upgraded with a clear lens and some tuning.

The bi-xenon projectors from the tech package even more.

These projectors are the same as the g37 sedans and are quite good off the bat, great once you tune them like in the picture.

#6 ·
AFAIK, xenon headlight in on a Mazda 3 is limited to GT trim levels and is bixenon only. Bixenon uses the same bulb for both low and high beams, but uses a servo actuated "cutoff shade" to change the beam pattern.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.