2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
dunston,

i assume you got the morimoto ballasts too, i'd like to know where you mounted it. thanks. i got my set too, will probably start next weekend.

·
Registered
387 Posts
oh nice.. if you can, please post a detailed instructions on everything? lol. sorry if i demand too much.

btw, how did you attach the bixenons and brackets to the existing headlight bracket? did you have to cut some parts or just straight up plug and play?

·
Registered
387 Posts
please post 4300k vs 5000k comparison pictures too! :)

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I'll post up some pics. There is like 2mmof the projector housing you need to trim or trim out some of the OEM housing. Not hard at all, but with the holidays I couldn't get to it. I got the comparison pics, the 4300k are so much better at producing useful light output.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Any updates?

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have been so busy with work and the holidays, I still have not been able to get all the pics together and do the write up. I will say that there is a HUGE difference with the light quality and the cut off. Reflectors far off in the distance seem to turn on and off where the light cut off hits them and on street signs, you can see the cut off, too. It also has a cool blue/purple cut off line. Its actually fun driving at night now vs. the DDM's I had before.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have been so busy with work and the holidays, I still have not been able to get all the pics together and do the write up. I will say that there is a HUGE difference with the light quality and the cut off. Reflectors far off in the distance seem to turn on and off where the light cut off hits them and on street signs, you can see the cut off, too. It also has a cool blue/purple cut off line. Its actually fun driving at night now vs. the DDM's I had before.

Gotcha! Im just too excited! LOL. Anyways, how about the distance of output, did it increase too vs the stock projectors?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Finally got all the parts from TRS.. All I need is a guide. I know yours will be better than the other guides i've seen since we have the same car, almost the same car because I have the sedan. Looking forward sir. Thanks!

·
Registered
387 Posts
dunston,

- just need to see what part of the original brackets did you trim for the projectors to fit?
- where did you mount the ballasts?
- how did you wire the bixenons (if ever you did the hi/low function)

thanks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thank you sir!!

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thread closed untill I finish up some more development with the kit. It is a million times better then the DDM hid kits, there is no comparison! I am working with Matt, the owner, to make sure the kit is perfect when I do the group buy, so should be in about the next week or two. Thanks everyone! :yes:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.