2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12/20/11 Day I picked her up

12/24/11 Plasti dipped front and rear emblems and also the mazda 3, moved Skyactive under the hood

^photo very untrue to the color, i was playing with settings.^

12/27/11 Wrapped the roof with black vinly, Window tint 20% all the way around, installed Window visors and Corksport LED kit, stealth front turn signal, LED tail light bulbs, LED rear turn signals, LED Reverse lights, corksport vinyls, Alexa Badge and removed plasti dip from front and rear emblems but left alexa and mazda 3 black

^yes i know the alexa is too high just haven't fix it yet^

1/12/12 New wheels, tires and TPMS (discount tire direct, tire rack)

Wheels are Drag 34 in gunmetal gray 18x8 +47 offset wrapped in Kuhmo LX platinum's in 225/40/18 no spacers, they are almost flush.

1/13/12 Remote start, illumination kit, illuminated door sills

1/20/12 Rear lip spoiler (carid)

1/29/12 Home Depot Split lip

_____STILL WAITING ON_____
Road Magnet 1.25 Lowering springs
G2 Gold calaper paint (going for the g35 in Caribbean blue with the brembo package look)

Sound system (going to keep the Bose head unit but put a new sub in the trunk
Dura mat
SRI
Exhaust

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i've been thinking about it, it's just been cold as balls lately

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i was meaning it's too damn cold to be outside. today we had 34 degrees with 45mph wind X_X

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would recommend adding the side skirts to your setup, that would balance out the 18" wheels better making it appear lowered.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Any notice of loss of MPG with the new wheel/tire setup?
no not really

@Hschlick84 - That is the plan eventually but my house got robbed so i'm taking funds from the car to replace my DSLR and PS3

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey bfritts3,
Beeing back after a whike here. Congrat's for your new 3. Do you know I still have your previous 3 as wallpaper on my pc :yes: I'm still jalous, would like to have the same. Were you tempted by the new sky activ technologies? Or did you had some prob's with it?

I finally ordered mine this friday (01/27) but your awsome colour dissapeared from the '12 catalog. So I just choose a black one.
Can't see it on your pic's but do you have any dlr's installed?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey bfritts3,
Beeing back after a whike here. Congrat's for your new 3. Do you know I still have your previous 3 as wallpaper on my pc :yes: I'm still jalous, would like to have the same. Were you tempted by the new sky activ technologies? Or did you had some prob's with it?

I finally ordered mine this friday (01/27) but your awsome colour dissapeared from the '12 catalog. So I just choose a black one.
Can't see it on your pic's but do you have any dlr's installed?
Bip,

Hows it going, it has been a long time. I'm flattered that you're still using my car as a wallpaper. You should have been around when i was trying to offload the 2010, i would have let you have it for payoff ~$16k USD.

Only real reason i sold the 2010 is because i got a divorce and the car was "ours" and i wanted something that was just "mine" i went with the SKY because of the better gas mileage. All in all i really didn't give up much going from the sGT the iGT. All i really lost was some pep in the engine, auto seat settings, Dual vanity mirrors, mirror mounted led turn signals, dual exhaust, led tail lights and auto temp controls.

So far it's been a great car, I've actually enjoyed being able to mod the car like i want to without having someone telling me, " YOU DONT NEED RIMS OR A NEW SOUND SYSTEM OR TINT OR EXHAUST OR ..........." i think you get the picture. ;)

I think you'll be more then happy with the black. just about any color in the mazda 3 looks good. as for the DLR, no i don't have any. its not mandatory in the US so most cars don't have them here.

post some shots when you get the car!!!!:chuck_norris 1:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sorry to hear about your divorce. It's always a shame but sometimes changes will bring you the best (I hope).
I went away from the forum because I was jalous;) of all of you with your awsome cars :w00t 1:
I was pissed I couldn't buy a '10 model with what I was expecting in it. The '12 offers me much more and I should be able to add most of what I want, + I had really good conditions this year on the '12 model.
There's a new trim here between the "sport" (highest level- not available with the engine I choose :argh:) and the "active" called "exclusive". I would have everything from the "sport" without SAP, leather (rare in Europe in this class - don't really care), sport seats (will miss them), and led tailights (will add them). The "exclusive" comes standard with the all new TomTom Sanyo navigation unit 5.8" sceen offering quite nice features.
Still got to decide about the wheels just bought a 16' kit for winter tyres as 17' winter tyres are so expensive and less efficient. For the summer, I may keep the original wheels or go for the Tenzo-r DC5 V1 black + red lip. Not sure yet.
Have to decide about tint %tage as wall (5% or 15%?)
Will miss the side skirts (too expensive), not sure about the rear spoiler lip for the sedan neither.
I will post some pic's soon, should have the new one in 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well congrats! sounds like you really have a plan. I've spent way to much money on this 2012 already but i'm having too much fun modding it. At one point in my life i had a show car and i enjoyed modding it too but the now ex wife put a stop to that crap -_-'.

The divorce really sucked. we were together for 8 years, married for 5 (high school sweethearts) Really sucks that V-day is coming up, that is the day she told me she wanted a divorce -_-'. O well i'm actually doing great now that im divorced. Im living rent and utility free for as long as i want so i'm kinda splurging on the new car and other things that i want, as i'm sure you can tell from my mod list.

So do you have any plans for the after market wheels if you choose to get them? if your thinking about getting the rear lip spoiler check out Carid.com it's a good quality part and the paint looked great. only problem for you might be shipping.

MAN i wish i had your navi. the shitty one in the US cars really ticks me off the damn thing is worthless!!!!! i use my samsung galaxy note for navi when i need it. ( it's got a 5.3 in. screen)

HMU if you have any questions about your new car, I WANT PICS!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
So I can already show you how those wheels are so :

The 16" are WMS RS5 Black shinny :

The Tenzo r are the DC5 v1 :

BTW, I would like to light the trunk with a highpower ledstrip. I remember certain were using a kind of festoon bulb with wires to connect to the ledstrip avoiding the cut of cables. Any link to forum or store would be appreciated. (still lazy as you can see ;) )

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm planning the same mod but haven't done any research yet. Sorry i can't even point you in the right direction

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
finally got in my new nikon d5100 so i took a few shots of the "sky"

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Nah its his home depot lip

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea it's the home depot lip, just trying it out. not 100% sure i'm going to keep it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts