2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here I am again. More problems for TWM and its flawed design for the 2nd time. To keep this short and sweet, basically, the "short" throw is GONE with their new setup which claims to fix the first ones flaws. Aside from that, now there's a sharp metal edge on the opposite side which now digs hard into the rubber boot. The photos and video below clearly illustrates the problems and the bottom line here is we should all expect a full refund and prepaid return shipping. See for yourself and be sure to watch the video for even more details about the shifting resistance. Truly disappointing to see this happening. I am now back to stock and waiting for TWM to offer to pay shipping to return my kit and refund me in full. STICK WITH STOCK! This kit just wasn't meant to be.

MY VIDEO:

Now, what REALLY blows my mind is TWM's video they just posted which CLEARLY shows the edge of the sharp metal plate pushing hard into the boot on the left side. Watch the boot buckle as it gets hit! Perhaps I'm just hallucinating?

Official TWM video with the "correct" new plate.

Let the list of people demanding refunds begin. I would like to be first in line.

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ATTN TWM:
I have had no luck getting responses from anyone there in regards to a full refund and prepaid shipping. I would like a return label mailed to me to I can ship this back for a full refund. Please respond

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ouch sucks that the company is getting a ruined reputation by what could have been a 20 minute test fitting by an engineer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
what I don't get is why they won't release proper shifter in the first place. Enough plate adapter workarounds! And the excuse that a STS won't fit because of the dash is just insane. Other cars are designed in exactly the same way, so while maybe one of their existing designs won't fit, I'm sure a reasonable solution can be reached. I've heard they're developing a proper assembly, but its gonna be like $350?? No way, Jose

·
1,272 Posts
Why did this need ANOTHER thread? I know you're pissed, I would be just as pissed. But come on, there are like, 4 threads on this now. It's getting really ridiculous.

Also, it's not like the threads are any different, you just copy and paste your post in one thread to another.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
It really is getting rather tiresome.....isn't it the job of a moderator to keep this stuff reigned in just a little bit ?

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
Why did this need ANOTHER thread? I know you're pissed, I would be just as pissed. But come on, there are like, 4 threads on this now. It's getting really ridiculous.

Also, it's not like the threads are any different, you just copy and paste your post in one thread to another.
i'd hug you if i could. no homo.

It really is getting rather tiresome.....isn't it the job of a moderator to keep this stuff reigned in just a little bit ?
YEAH I'M STILL WAITING ON THAT

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The post is pages deep on the other threads, less likely to be seen by people who should be seeing it (that arent subscribed). Figured this approach would make everyone aware. No need to get all annoyed over it, just dont come in the thread if you already know what its about. Seems like a simple solution, no?

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it does suck getting burned by a company in this manner. i feel your pain dude
Once was bad enough, twice is really just a shock. As I said before, you would think they would have looked over the revised version EXTRA careful to ensure this was cleared up. Then, not replying to any of my inquiries? Cmon now.... what kind of circus is this? Am I the onlly one whos going to fight for a refund on this? Or did no one else even buy it and just go with the JBarone? Once I get my refund I will be buying the JBarone version. If TWM thinks people are going to buy their $350 version after all this nonsense theyre even softer than I thought.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I assume that you paid by credit card? If you are unable to get a satisfactory response from TWM then most credit card companies will work for you and just take the money back if all reasonable avenues have been explored. Similar to contesting a charge but a little more involved, call the credit card company, contrary to what you read in the news they will actually look out for you if you ask.

·
Registered
471 Posts
only thing is, now you have to remove that shifter from your mod list in your sig. don't be a poser. :p

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts

Wow.....what's really asinine is the fact that they took the old plate, welded a piece on top of it and called it a "new design".....Why the hell would you raise it higher is beyond me!! :shocked:

I am definitely taking a look at my JBarone this weekend.....especially after I couldn't get into 6th gear this morning........u really do get what you paid for. :rolleyes 1:

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
only thing is, now you have to remove that shifter from your mod list in your sig. don't be a poser. :p
Good call... I will adjust that right now...

Still no response from TWM and no replies to any of my posts (including this one)...... WTF :argh 1:

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I assume that you paid by credit card? If you are unable to get a satisfactory response from TWM then most credit card companies will work for you and just take the money back if all reasonable avenues have been explored. Similar to contesting a charge but a little more involved, call the credit card company, contrary to what you read in the news they will actually look out for you if you ask.
I paid with paypal.

EDIT: Update.... I just filed a paypal dispute for a refund. Below is what I submitted. Anyone else who is going to be in this same situation, please feel free to use my photos and videos to submit as evidence of the faulty product.

The seller has sold defective, non functional short shifter kits and admitted their defects publicly in forums and they sent eveyone a new revised version to replace it and this version does not work either, rendering the item 100% useless on our vehicles and will cause damage and safety issues to our vehicles if used. The company has not responded to people wanting refunds so I am filing this dispute in hopes of getting fully refunded for an auto part that CAN NOT be used on my vehicle or any of the vehicles it was "designed for". I have created a post in one of the forums which describes the issues in GREAT DETAIL... including photos AND VIDEO which provide complete evidence of the problems being described here. Please take a look at:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...flaw-2-2010-ms3-owners-new-videos-inside.html

My user name on the forum is "DarkSpeed3".

First video I made with the original part they sent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3lp8fDNS9U

Second video I made of "replacement" they sent weeks later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccA1Kt9usfQ

I just want a full refund and a prepaid return shipping label.

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you obviously have internet connection. i'm still trying to understand why you don't just email them.
I did email them. When I said I got no response that was what I was referring to (and forums). I emailed the same address which I paid with paypal which was [email protected]

1 - 20 of 70 Posts