2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the best way to wash and wax the outside of my Mazda 3 hatchback. Also best way to clean the inside.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can someone tell me the best way to wash and wax the outside of my Mazda 3 hatchback. Also best way to clean the inside.

Meguiars gold class car wash with a tiny splash of Optimum No Rinse in the bucket. Put a grit guard in the bottom and get a second bucket of clear water also with a grit guard in the bottom. Clean the wheels first: spray with hose, then with wheel cleaner (I use Turtle Wax because Meguiars has bad reviews and make sure not to get overspray on the paint), then clean them with a detected microfiber cloth/sponge/brush. Spray them again with the hose. Spray off the car with a hose top to bottom, then use a new (or well cared for) microfiber cloth and was the car top to bottom. Preferably try to always move from front to back in the direction the wind blows over your car in case you get micro particles scratching your car, it won't be as noticeably and create that "swirl" look in bright light. Use the two bucket method (rinse out your cloth in a bucket of water before putting it back in your soap bucket to get more soap). Spray off your car again and ideally use a DI water system to leave a spot free rinse, but since those are super expensive, use another brand new (or well cared for) microfiber cloth to absorb most of the water. Dry front to back in linear streak ls on the direction the wind blows over your car. Then use a waffle weave microfiber cloth in the same manner to absorb the rest of the water. Use a another microfiber cloth to dry your wheels. I use meguiars m21 mirror glaze synthetic sealant as a wax. Apply in your garage to the whole car. By the time you finish applying it to the whole car it will probably be time to start removing it. Again use a brand new (or well cared for) micro fiber cloth to remove the wax going in straight lines front to back in the direction the wind blows over the car. Get new cloths frequently. I'm writing this on my phone and the formatting is all messed up, so I can't really read it to check for errors... Sorry! Oh, I forgot to mention, use a mild clay in between your wash and wax.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you want something simple, fast, looks great and won't scratch your paint, I would use "Wet Paint". You can read about it at their website, wetpaintglaze.com

·
Registered
206 Posts
Chemical guys Honeydew Snow Foam- use the two bucket method with grit guard.
-303 Aerospace for all rubber trim and black plastics, plus your dash too. Stuff is Great.
- Optimum Optibond Tire Gel (Doesn't sling on your car)
- Optimum Deep Clean- for engine bay
- Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax ( Or better yet, use a glass coating like 22ple-works great and lasts 2 years)
- Always use microfiber towels- Never any bath towels
- Microfiber wash mits
- Stoner's Invisible Glass for windows
- Meguiar's All Wheel Cleaner
...This will get you started:rock 1:

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you want to invest a little money I would recommend using a Dual Action Orbiter and polish the car to perfection then wax it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts