2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am moving to Vancouver, BC, Canada. Those familiar with the climate know that Vancouver has the perfect weather for the 3 summer months and the pretty much rain for 9 months.

I have stock 16" rims and stock bridgestone turanzas and would like to consider options for tires that I would primarily use for the 9 very rainy months.

Also, I was toying with the idea of putting the good rainy weather tires on the stock 16" rims and getting a second set of rims that are 17" with stickier tires for fun summer driving.

Any recommendations on good rainy condition tires that would work well on my 2013 mz3 sky hatch and keep me from hydroplaning all over Vancouver? :blush 1:

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Continental DWS. It surely will serve you right in rain, and also when snow hits Vancouver.

/thread :tongue:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for pointing me to these specific tires...that helps me a lot and my initial searches on the suggested tires sound very promising and very well rated/reviewed.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After getting the great leads here and doing some reading, these are at the top of my list. In addition to good ratings, I like that there seems to be a buttload of data collected from them, I assume because they have been available longer?

Now...what rims should I get? :yes: Off to search online and this forum for inspiration!

Continental DWS. It surely will serve you right in rain, and also when snow hits Vancouver.

/thread :tongue:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am putting Michelin Pilot Exalto tires on my car tomorrow. I am actually swapping tires with my wife's Civic as we are getting ready to sell it. Those Pilot Exaltos handle very well in rain and received very good ratings. Got them at Sams Club for a very good price. Excited to see change in handling on my Sky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts