2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mazda 3 Lover
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

planning to add 2 or 4 speakers in my trunk for croud pleasing performance(High and quality) but still wondering what brand to go with. some are talking about the pro series from pioneer like 6900 pro and 6975 v3 but some are saying that best for loud music is hertz(sv series). am lost. can someone who has heard different model of speakers help me on this?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,447 Posts
Focal 165 6.5" and 10" thinline sub here.

I had to add an LOC (Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3) after the Bose OEM amp and an Alpine PDR-V75 amp to power them.
CK

·
Registered
151 Posts
you can tell how loud a speaker will be by looking at its sensitivity (dB/watt).
you also need more power to get louder, meaning an aftermarket amplifier.
you will also need sound deadening to stop rattles after you make your speakers more powerufl

i had the focal 165 and couldn't stand how harsh the tweeters were. i replaced the dash tweeters with 3.5" kicker KS coax speakers and put audiofrog GS60 woofers in the door.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,447 Posts
Get the Flax line.. huge difference over the 165 AS (chinese) Focals.
CK

·
Mazda 3 Lover
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can tell how loud a speaker will be by looking at its sensitivity (dB/watt).
you also need more power to get louder, meaning an aftermarket amplifier.
you will also need sound deadening to stop rattles after you make your speakers more powerufl

i had the focal 165 and couldn't stand how harsh the tweeters were. i replaced the dash tweeters with 3.5" kicker KS coax speakers and put audiofrog GS60 woofers in the door.
Note that i already have an aftermarket sound system in my car. 4 pioneer 1675v2 speaker, 4 pioneer tweeter TS20, 2 pioneer amp(1 mono and 1 4 channel) and a double sub(600 watt rms each). now want to add more speakers in my trunk for a bigger sound. Note that here in mauritius island, focal is rare. we do have pioneer, hertz, kicker, infinity/JBL, SP audio, deaf bonce. but want high volume with clear sound and not sound that plays loud but hurt the ear

·
Registered
151 Posts
those would probably be fine and if they're within your budget, i say go for it.
you could also take a look at stuff from deaf bonce.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts