Votes: 20 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 105 46.7%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ive used a few and and now on Royal Purples full synthetic + a K&n oil filter - - love it. Great combo

Was running with Redline before Royal Purple and it is also really really ( better I thought) good.... But it is expensive

Ps... To those who dont do their own oil changes ( which is totally cool ) because it takes 2 long - my oil and filter chages take about 5 to ten minutes tops... From ramp on to ramp off.... Ready to roll.... Lol it can be a little messy some times though

Sent from my YP-G70 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
5,636 Posts

·
Zoom-Zoom To Da Crib.
622 Posts
I usually use Fram on all of our cars, going to change to bosch, is it good or should I get something better?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Bosch is good. Anything but the $3 Fram should be ok. Like Fram xtra guard is ok from what I understand. Bosch is better than that though. Bosch wix oem k&n royal purple etc. all should be fine

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
OEM all the way! Use the filter that was designed by Mazda for the Mazda 3. Also looks a million times better when you go into service and they see their own filter on the car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Purolator PureOne :thumbup1 1:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only use K&N filters on my mazda3 2.5 now , I work at an auto parts store so I have access to virtually every filter. I tried the Mobil1 EP filter and was getting dry starts(slight knock for first 3 sec of start up). As it turns out Mobil1 sacrifices flow for filtering(well duh its good for 15k supposedly) and K&N sacrifices filtering for flow.....I change my oil with royal purple every 3k anyhow so I'd rather have the flow for my harsh driving habits and no dry starts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use motorcraft synthetic oil and filter, for the last 20k miles no issues whatsoever, and it only costs $23 dollars for an oil change

·
zoom freakin' zoom
613 Posts
I use Castrol for oil, non syn, and prefer the Bosch filters. Try to stock up when Autozone has specials on both. ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I use motorcraft synthetic oil and filter, for the last 20k miles no issues whatsoever, and it only costs $23 dollars for an oil change
I used to run Motorcraft semi-syn in my last Honda. Being a Honda, it meant that it spent the majority of its life near redline, and never had any issues with the Motorcraft. Engine ran great with it.

On my mz3 I've been running Mobil 1 and just started using the extended length Motorcraft filter. Thinking about going full Motorcraft (oil and filter) on the next round.

Bottomline: You can't really beat Motorcraft's cost to quality ratio.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts