• Other

Votes: 105 46.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what types of oil and oil filters you all recommended? For the oil I'm guessing Mobil 1, but for the filter I don't really know which brand is the best- Mobil 1 EP, Fram, K&N gold or another brand...how long do you recommend before getting your oil changed again after you have switched to Mobil 1 and a high performance oil filter?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been considering the change to synthetic oil, but it seems there's so many big name players in the market. What's the best brand for synthetic oil?

·
'10 Mazda 3 S Sport 6 spd
135 Posts
I'm going to start a poll on boxers or briefs. Oil, oil filters, car wax, etc. can be down to personal preference.

However, I've learned alot form other sharing and like the Mobil 1 oil filter. Though I'll probably stay with OEM Mazda or Wix. Especially since I bought three OEM oil filters at around $7 a piece.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I prefer to use the OEM filters and buy them at the dealership.

For my wife's car, the OEM filters have more capcity and better filtering than most filters out there, yet are cheaper than most of the premium filters like K&N and Mobil1. The free drain plug washer is a nice plus too...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have never really upgraded my oil filters before. I just use what the dealer installs! (I usually pay someone to do the oil change) [My time is valuable and I would rather have someone take care of it for me!]

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Of course, someone will answer boxer briefs.

I second Derrick B, for oil Mobil1 or Penzoil Platinum are the two best oils--excellent quality, widely available, and consistent.

For filters, Mobil1 all the way. Fram is terrible! All Frams, run, don't walk away from them. Mobil1 makes an absolute top notch filter. Some other brands may be as good, but none are better. And Mobil1 is consistent. Other brands change from batch to batch, but Mobil1 is always top shelf.

·
Super Mod
382 Posts
Of course, someone will answer boxer briefs.

I second Derrick B, for oil Mobil1 or Penzoil Platinum are the two best oils--excellent quality, widely available, and consistent.

For filters, Mobil1 all the way. Fram is terrible! All Frams, run, don't walk away from them. Mobil1 makes an absolute top notch filter. Some other brands may be as good, but none are better. And Mobil1 is consistent. Other brands change from batch to batch, but Mobil1 is always top shelf.
lol.. I think Fram filters are pretty much cardboard, might as well stick a paper towel in there to clean up contaminants.

Mobil 1 filter, as I said in the previous post is what I use.. and I have used both Mobil1 and Penzoil Platinum and both have been absolutely great.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Extended Drain intervals (Up to 25,000 miles with Amsoil), Amsoil. Other than that, with Mobil 1 either the Mobil 1 filter or Wix.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts