2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

What is the best mazda 3?

• Total voters
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Using letters instead of words is the cause of much Internet confusion, a kind of shorthand with no universal definitions.

Good thing there is Google.

But I'll bet even Google has a problem with "CD" as it is discussed here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like the 3rd gen 2017-18 model better for:
1) improved sound insulation vs '14-16 models
2) G-Vectoring Control (GVC).

I didn't feel the GVC during the test drive, and don't think most ppl will even be able to tell.. especially if you're just driving 'normally' on straight roads. But it's noticeable when you drive on curvy roads. I think it's even more noticeable if you push the car hard, or just had the chance to drive a non-GVC model back to back with the '17-18 model.

·
Registered
401 Posts
my car is 5 years old now and i don't think the CD player has been used once. don't even know if it works lol.
Here's how much I use mine... 😂😂😂

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm loving my 2018 GT hatchback 2.5-L with 6-speed A/T, in Deep Crystal Blue Mica exterior with Black Parchment Leather interior. Thanks to the collective knowledge provided by this community, I've retrofitted it with genuine Mazda navigation (SD card), splash guards, roof rack, and paddle shifters; and customized it with an aftermarket Eibach/Koni suspension kit, and BBS/Michelin wheels and tires. It definitely fights well above its "weight class". I thought I was going to leave this car completely stock, but in hindsight I suppose that was just wishful thinking... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Here's how much I use mine... 😂😂😂

Neat idea. Might as well get some use out of that space.

And to answer the question in your linked post, it looks quite easy to remove the cd player. Go download the service manual. Looks like you'll need a thin screwdriver or something like that to replace the special tool.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm loving my 2018 GT hatchback 2.5-L with 6-speed A/T, in Deep Crystal Blue Mica exterior with Black Parchment Leather interior. Thanks to the collective knowledge provided by this community, I've retrofitted it with genuine Mazda navigation (SD card), splash guards, roof rack, and paddle shifters; and customized it with an aftermarket Eibach/Koni suspension kit, and BBS/Michelin wheels and tires. It definitely fights well above its "weight class". I thought I was going to leave this car completely stock, but in hindsight I suppose that was just wishful thinking... :rolleyes:
Can't say that I remember what color leather interior the deep crystal blue cars came with, but it's either black or parchmant. No such thing as black parchment. Your car came with navigation and the accompanying SD card. Why would you have to retrofit it? Same for the paddle shifters.:unsure:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Alrighty, then.
First of all, I bought the car CPO so IDK what is cosidered standard equipment.
I got the color names off the Mazda website, so pardon me for the misrepresentation. The interior is both black and parchment, whatever its nomenclature.
The car did not come with the SD card included, so all I had to do was purchase one and insert it into its slot, to activate the built-in navigation system.
I can assure you that the car did not come with the paddle shifters as standard equipment. I just completed the retrofit last weekend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Alrighty, then.
First of all, I bought the car CPO so IDK what is cosidered standard equipment.
I got the color names off the Mazda website, so pardon me for the misrepresentation. The interior is both black and parchment, whatever its nomenclature.
The car did not come with the SD card included, so all I had to do was purchase one and insert it into its slot, to activate the built-in navigation system.
I can assure you that the car did not come with the paddle shifters as standard equipment. I just completed the retrofit last weekend.

OK, my mistake. Just looked at my Monrony sticker and realized that nav and paddles were part of the premium equipment package, which your car obviously doesn't have. As for the interior color, that's commonly referred to as a "parchment" interior. The alternative is all black with brown accents and is referred to as "black".

·
Registered
401 Posts
Neat idea. Might as well get some use out of that space.

And to answer the question in your linked post, it looks quite easy to remove the cd player. Go download the service manual. Looks like you'll need a thin screwdriver or something like that to replace the special tool.
Thanks for that....I'll read up on it and see how it should be done!

·
Registered
157 Posts
OK, my mistake. Just looked at my Monrony sticker and realized that nav and paddles were part of the premium equipment package, which your car obviously doesn't have. As for the interior color, that's commonly referred to as a "parchment" interior. The alternative is all black with brown accents and is referred to as "black".
The parchment interior was a major selling point to me, as was the hatchback and sunroof. Finding one so well equipped, in dark blue mica, with only 5K miles, was my good fortune. I actually preferred the automatic transmission, because it has the tachometer front and center, turns lower rpm in top gear than the manual, and gets better highway mpg as a result.
It replaced a 2009 Honda Civic EX coupe, which was was a very dependable, economic and utilitarian DD that served me well for many years. I had installed almost every available Honda accessory onto it, along with a U-Haul hitch and two-bicycle carrier. So the Mazda had some pretty big shoes to fill, so to speak. So far, it's exceeded all of my expectations, and I am duly impressed with its high level of refinement, sportiness, and aesthetics. There's zero buyer's remorse in my mind.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts