2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

What is the best mazda 3?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm not sure what's with each one. I like the body style of the Mz3 before the current one. Rented one of those in Florida. Got 40 mpg.

·
Mazda Fresher
112 Posts
Ultimately, the best one is the one you have in your driveway, right now...

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would vote: 2018 Mazda3 hatchback Skyactiv-G 2.5, full-on GT trim, 18" OEM alloy wheels, 6MT. This was pre-CD, and the look of that car is just right; very aesthetically-pleasing. Not as luxo inside as the latest... and not as quiet, for sure... but no CD. Can you tell I don't like CD???

As to the nicest-looking Mazda3 - my vote goes for the Gen4 Sedan, top trim. BUTTTT... no 6MT. Boo, Hiss!

·
Registered
347 Posts
My experience is that the leather in Mexican built Mazdas are inferior. My vote goes to a 2017 Mazda 3 Sport GT with premium package. Made in Japan.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2016 Made in Japan BUT electric crap brake. Ask a tow truck driver or someone parking on a hill in San Fransisco.
2015 BEST with handbrake and Made in Japan.
Gen 3 best styling. Earlier Gen more basic and cheaper to fix. Wife likes the styling. I would buy and older one if needed but I would make a new grill; UGLY.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would vote: 2018 Mazda3 hatchback Skyactiv-G 2.5, full-on GT trim, 18" OEM alloy wheels, 6MT. This was pre-CD, and the look of that car is just right; very aesthetically-pleasing. Not as luxo inside as the latest... and not as quiet, for sure... but no CD. Can you tell I don't like CD???
You've described my car, but with a 6AT. What exactly is a "CD"???

·
Registered
517 Posts
Quite right. I, too, think it's the single worst thing they've come up with... Those that have it - and it works - seem to like it, for that very small increment in fuel economy it provides. Those that have it - and it VIBRATES (and there are a healthy number of folks in that category) - it make the car not at all pleasant to drive (I'm told). And besides all of the above, philosophically it grates on me... (What is this sh*t of trying to operate a four-cylinder as a two-cylinder; horrific dynamic nonsense!). The engine and trans mounts (and the flex-disk..... "pendulum flywheel") all have to be special, to counter the horrible shudders - and THEN, it doesn't work in a fair number of cases, much to the frustrated owners' chagrin!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Yeah, I'm glad to have a '15 with a manual parking brake and all four plugs firing every time all the time. Everything works good.
You and me both. The 15s might have been the best model year. Got a lot of the bugs worked out and they hadn't started to screw with the design yet.

What I want to know is if CD is giving owners so many problems, why not offer a version of the ECU software that disables CD? Just make sure everyone is aware that fuel economy may drop...a tiny bit....this way the customer has the choice. Worry about getting it back with another update down the road once this gets sorted out.

·
WEEBO KILLER
39 Posts
Pretty weird most of you mentioned 16s have an electronic parking brake i have 16 Sgt with a manual parking brake auto trans and no auto start stop crap does mine come with CD? Not the actual CD disk drive because i have one lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
Minsanity, really nice looking car; great aesthetics, colour selections. Only comment - and it doesn't just apply to yours... is that frt rotors look smallish. The German cars tend to put over-achiever rotor sizes on their cars; the Japanese, not so much. This is not to say that that brake rotor size is actually problematic though.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Minsanity, really nice looking car; great aesthetics, colour selections. Only comment - and it doesn't just apply to yours... is that frt rotors look smallish. The German cars tend to put over-achiever rotor sizes on their cars; the Japanese, not so much. This is not to say that that brake rotor size is actually problematic though.
Thanks....I do agree on your comment but this econobox just can't justify spending on BBK. The EBC reds bite just fine.
Gorgeous car, I still love mine every time I walk up to it.
Thanks! Almost 6....still drives & thrills like day 1. Mazda did a great job on the gen3.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
I haven't paid too much attention to how the rotors look through the wheels but I do think they should be a bit beefier. They're perfectly fine for commuting and under most daily driving. However, if you push the car hard on twisty roads, they seem to be running at the upper edge of their limits. I can live with them for now but once I get my tune, they're definitely getting an upgrade.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda3 Sport GT
7 Posts

As to the nicest-looking Mazda3 - my vote goes for the Gen4 Sedan, top trim. BUTTTT... no 6MT. Boo, Hiss!
The premium package has CD haha it never gets used but its there nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts