2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to the forum, I´ve been doing my research and I'm going to get some new bulbs for my mazda 3 hb 2015, for reverse and turn signal applications, for the turn signals I'm between the Philips X-treme Ultinon 7440 Amber (sourced from Japan), Morimoto X-VF 7440 in full Amber, and the VLEDS High Visibility Amber 21 7440 LED, for the reverse lights I would go with the same bulbs just in white color and the VLEDS one would be the White High Outpout 21 LED,

Which would you guys recommend as the best of all three?

NOTE: These are all sub-$100 bulbs

I know that the best thing would be to get the vleds Tritons but those are too expensive for me.

·
Registered
979 Posts
IMO there is no "Best" turn signal or reverse bulb light, it mainly depends on your needs, the price you are willing to pay, the design that you like best ,the brightness that you are looking for, the color/clarity it offers and finally product quality. Now what do I mean by this, let me explain further:

Value: It needs to fit your pocket. (The most expensive is not necessarily the best, for example IMO VLEDS Tritons, overrated price and overrate product )
Design: The positioning and amount LED's in the bulb, how it handles heat (More useful for high capacity LED headlights), the bulb needs to look discrete and unnoticeable inside clear housings.(I have VLEDS reverse light bulb and I'm not such a huge fan on how it looks, I would prefer a more discrete and stylish design, where the bulb is not that noticeable)
Brightness: Amount of lumens and output level. How bright you want your bulbs to be, super bright or regular?
Color/ Clarity: OEM look or Aftermarket look? 5000K or 6000K, or perhaps 8000K? {5000K is considered by most as pure white(OEM Look) while 6000K has a stinge of blue (Aftermarket Look)}
Quality: : You want a product that will last and offers warranty. Buy from a company which stands by its products and has good reputation online.

I chose VLEDS over Phillips since I wanted all around 5000K in my car, Phillips came only in 6000K. Most members in this forum recommend VLEDS, indeed they are quiet expensive but worth every penny.

Now it is very good you have narrowed your options, now you just need to check what do you really want from your bulbs :).Also you can check the following websites to check different options and prices:

The Retro Fit Source
IJDMTOY
Super Bright LEDS
VLEDS

I added the link below to my thread where I had pretty much the same dilemma as you are, if you are interested in reading on how I based and executed my final choice:
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/184410-reverse-fog-vanity-led-s-buy.html

I know I didn't answer your question, but I hope this helps you to make a better decision, good luck :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I used these but had to install a resistor when I added the front: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VTS4WS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

These are great for reverse: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHICF4O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
The reverse and licence lights I use are both white to match the front LEDs: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGQS2SC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
11 Posts
It appeared to me that these bulbs are quite a bit longer than the stock halogen turn signal bulb. I wonder if any of these will fit and work... so no need to take care if installing resistors or find a place to mount them. Any clues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If there is no space in the front to put resistors, try putting them in the rear turn signal LED. They might be synchronized, and the car cpu might check only the full load, instead of individual load. I have done that in my 2014 Mazda, and it works.

To be precise, each LED needs its own 6ohm resistor. So there should be 4 in total. I have all 4 of them in the rear (lots of space), two each side in parallel.

·
Working Class Hero
3,569 Posts
I installed the third variety (ijdmtoy no resister without the projector) in the wife's Accord. They're very effective. Only drawback is that because they are IC controlled, you can only use them in one position (front or rear, not both) and they have a time limiting function of 8 minutes before they cut voltage and hyperflash to save themselves from overheating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I installed the third variety (ijdmtoy no resister without the projector) in the wife's Accord. They're very effective. Only drawback is that because they are IC controlled, you can only use them in one position (front or rear, not both) and they have a time limiting function of 8 minutes before they cut voltage and hyperflash to save themselves from overheating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have had that same ijdmtoy led turn signals installed in the rear ONLY of my 3 since September '17, and still working great...I do know that when I bought it in August 2017, the description said it would hyperflash after *3* minutes, not like how it is stating as present.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts