Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best DRL LED strip location?

I'm thinking of getting some of these strips from iJDM (click here). Which of these locations for strip LEDs do you think looks best?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
3 or 4. I like 4 better. 1 and 2 just dont look right imo. But do what YOU like because its YOUR car

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I did 4 to mine

Looks good! Did you get the LED light assemblies that fit in those slots or did you use the self stick LED strips? Also, you have yours on at night, do they run in the daytime too?

I plan on installing mine with a relay so they are on all the time except when the headlights come on. That should also enable me to get a discount on my insurance for DRLs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Guide to clean looking LED DRL's.

-Brightness. Most OEM applications I see are very bright and the light is diffused, giving the appearance of a bar of light or large LED's, rather than smaller individual LEDs. Most aftermarket ones I see are strip LED's, which are much dim & in turn, look pinpoint.

-Color temperature. Most OEM's are ~5000k, maybe high 5000's, it's always more white vs. aftermarket, which usually looks to be 6500k+. Anything too blue is a no go.

-Spacing. LED DRL's that run close together just don't look right. Anything much narrower than the width of the headlights don't look right IMO.

-Shape. Keep the shape simple. Most OEM's run either a circle or bar (except A4/S4). The new E class runs a 125* angle L, still simple and clean. Some of the people I see wrap the LED's around the entire shape of the headlight and it looks weird.

-Placement. Anything below the centerline of the foglight is too low, anything aftermarket intergrated into the headlight usually ends up looking like shit. Optimal placement seems to be from the bottom of the headlight down the the center line of the fog light area.

It looks like some of the pictures on the ijdmtoy website might be slightly overexposed, giving the appearance of brighter LEDs. #2 actually looks the best on your pictures below, but since the angle of your bumper juts out to the left & right, the LED's would be shining at the 10 and 2 o'clock position.

Ideally placement of LED DRL's for the 2012's would be this:

Nice, clean, OEM looking.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It doesn't bother me, just think it is foolish how someone needs advice on something so trivial.
It's even more foolish that you would feel you need to share that with everyone.. does it make you feel superior? :yes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did 4 to mine

Looks good! Did you get the LED light assemblies that fit in those slots or did you use the self stick LED strips? Also, you have yours on at night, do they run in the daytime too?

I plan on installing mine with a relay so they are on all the time except when the headlights come on. That should also enable me to get a discount on my insurance for DRLs.
Self-strips, way cheaper and a fuse tap to turn on when I turn on my headlights. It can be easily done to run on daytime too :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It's even more foolish that you would feel you need to share that with everyone.. does it make you feel superior? :yes:
Yes because it is retarded for you to ask other people how you should mod your car. What me to start a poll whenever I need to make a decision. Who gives a fuck what others thing, do whatever you want, then go from there.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes because it is retarded for you to ask other people how you should mod your car. What me to start a poll whenever I need to make a decision. Who gives a fuck what others thing, do whatever you want, then go from there.
LOL, Amazing.. I guess all forums are the same, there's always going to be people like you.. good luck in life.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't notice till now, it's not even a proper poll. I voted for all 5 options.
If you've ever posted a poll you would know that there is the option of multiple votes.. it's a "proper poll" and I'm glad you liked all of them.. that's 4 "trivial" positive votes against your one "trivial" negative #5 vote.. Better stay away from gambling tables .. :beerchug 1:

Can we just cool it?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahh hell that's just how wing is. No need to start anything. He is entitled to his opinion. My whole thing with forums is we are here to help and answer questions so ask away.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yep, that's my outlook too and I didn't start this, but am perfectly willing to let it go.

All the best, Wing. :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.