2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
You will have to rip out the ballast or disconnect it. I'm not sure what kind of connector is being used before the ballast, it might not worth the trouble though.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem started when I installed the Eibach's springs. The ratio of lighting decreased.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sound like you have the Bi-Xenon headlight. So to go LED, it would not be plug and play.

I am thinking that since the car is lowered the headlights do not reach as far. The Bi-Xenon headlights are self leveling and I do not know if there are any adjustments that can be made.

I have heard that the Osram XENARC Night Breaker are the brightest d4s bulbs, but I have not tried it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Do a search for "uneven headlights" I posted pics on how to adjust the headlights. The are aimed too low from the factory so I aimed them higher. After I lowered my car I had to aim them up some more again.

But to go with LED the beam might be affected if the light focal point is different.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sound like you have the Bi-Xenon headlight. So to go LED, it would not be plug and play.

I am thinking that since the car is lowered the headlights do not reach as far. The Bi-Xenon headlights are self leveling and I do not know if there are any adjustments that can be made.

I have heard that the Osram XENARC Night Breaker are the brightest d4s bulbs, but I have not tried it.
Not all bi-xenon models are auto leveling, mine doesn't have the als in it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts