2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

i've been reading a lot about my new to me mazda 3 and the AIO tweaks available. I am new here but not new to modding cars, playing with electronics, etc...

I am in Canada and have firmware version 55.00.760 NA N.

I would like to upgrade to the most stable version of tweakable firmware, which appears to be 59.00.441.

Is the best version to use? any downsides? should i bother changing firmware at all?

Issues i currently have with the system are:
-slow scrolling/loading through artists/songs
-if there are more than ~4 gigs worth of MP3s on a usb stick, the folders later in the alphabet show as empty, when i know there are songs in them
-awful voice recognition for NAV

A second question is for map updates: The car was purchased new in late 2013, so i guess i would be outside of the 3 years for free updates. Since i bought the car a month ago from a Mazda dealer, should they be providing me with updated maps? or is the only way to get newer maps by purchasing online? Will loading newer maps affect the firmware version in any way at all, or is it a completely separate entity?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The best version is honestly the latest .502, (provided you install the ID7 autorun script before updating to it!!!) between .441 and that the bluetooth connectivity is much improved, and on average the CMU seems to lag less. Voice recognition has always been poor, the mp3 issues may be fixed with the AIO

I haven't had any issues with any tweaks in the latest AIO (and I've got pretty much all of them installed.)

As for the maps, i'm fairly certain the 3 year only would apply from the original purchase date of the car, so you're out of luck outside of purchasing each update.

·
Registered
245 Posts
While it's true that you can get AIO to work on 59.00.502 with some extra effort and technical expertise, I suggest installing 59.00.441. It's not locked down, so you can try it and make a change if you decide you don't like it. But if you install 59.00.502 and have problems or you can't get AIO to work, you're stuck there.

But to address your specific issues:
1. Scrolling is GREATLY IMPROVED on .441. That was one of my complaints with earlier versions too, and .441 fixed it.
2. Not sure about the song problems that you're having, but the USB music player worked well and was very stable for me on .441. I have about 2200 songs (14GB) on a 32GB USB3 nano stick, and everything shows up fine. In my experience, the .441 version is actually better than .502 because of a new problem with the shuffle function on .502.
3. I don't think the voice recognition has ever been improved in ANY version, so that's probably the same no matter what you install.

As for any other issues like Bluetooth, I haven't ever had problems, so .441 and .502 seem the same in that regard.

Map updates are a separate entity from firmware. And yes, you're probably outside the 3 year window from original purchase. You could probably purchase updates through the Mazda toolbox software. Honestly, Google maps is better because of more frequent updates and live traffic. You can consider your own usage patterns and weigh the pros and cons of updating the built-in nav.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the advice. I will update to .441 and see if that improves things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts