2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tiny Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...it keeps settings and stations in memory, even when the battery is disconnected! It only took a few decades for car manufacturers to start doing this - I guess they didn't want to rush things. I nearly started crying with joy after I turned it to Accy and everything was still there.

Thanks, Mazda!

·
Registered
718 Posts
How does it sound? Also, do you have the Center Point Bose system? My 2012 sounds fantastic and have wondered if the new one is as good. They changed the setup to bigger door speakers with more base and got rid of the spare tire woofer.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
My veloster does this as well. I installed an intake and disconnected the battery and much to my surprise all my presets and settings were still there. It sure is a nice thing lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
How does it sound? Also, do you have the Center Point Bose system? My 2012 sounds fantastic and have wondered if the new one is as good. They changed the setup to bigger door speakers with more base and got rid of the spare tire woofer.
It's much better than the 2012 bose. I replaced that about a month after buying my 2012. I don't have any plans to replace the current sound system. deeper bass would be nice, but it's good enough in that department that I can't justify the investment in improving it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Centerpoint sounds great. The sound is OK without Centerpoint turned on, but it's much better with it. I have no plans on changing anything on the sound system.

·
Tiny Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ours is the base model stereo....it's ok but nothing special. I'm wondering how easy it would be to add some tweeters; I have some old Onkyo OEM tweeters I bought a while back, I'm sure one of the mounting types would fit in the 3's spots in the front dash corners. I believe they have HPFs caps on them, too.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
I love the Bose, but I think I'm still going to add a small subwoofer. I like that extra bottom end when I listen to all my Rush songs. Other than adding that next month, I plan on leaving the rest of the stereo alone, it's actually not bad at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts