2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing grinding when braking. Found my front pads worn and the rotors uneven today. Don't think its worth turning rotors. At 109k miles and no service record I want to just replace all pads and rotors but not looking to go out on the track. I have found some options. I heard the OEM pads are ceramic. I want pads that don't make noise or much dust. Which should I go with? Price at Pepboys is with 25% off and at 20% at Advance auto.

Power stop ceramic pads and rotors - $199.46 on Rockauto
Centric ceramic pads and rotors - $209 on Amazon
Prostop ceramic rear pads/Valuegrade front pads and rotors - $198.03 at Pepboys
Wearever ceramic pads and rotors - $199.39 at Advance Auto
Napa proformer pads and Napa rotors - $207.45 at Napa
Duralast semimetallic pads and rotors - $207.94 at Autozone
Brakebest semimetallic pads and rotors - $207.94 at O'reilly's

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I only have experience with centric rotors with the mz3 so I would say go with those for rotors. Hopefully people will chime in for the rest based on your choices.

Also if you have uneven wear on the pads, I would lube up the brake slide pins.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice choice, though I would spend more and replace the brakes on all four corners to experience maximum braking power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've used Raybestos Advanced Tech rotors and pads over the past 6 years on three of my vehicles. And last week put the Raybestos Advanced Tech rotors with their new EHT (hybrid) pads all around on my recently purchased '10 3s GT Hatch. So far, I've been just as satisfied with the EHTs.
One thing I found with the EHTs is that you need to more closely follow the manufacturers break-in/bedding procedures. I initially used the same technique I used with the previous brake sets. Then I started to notice a bit of brake shudder. I looked up the procedures and did the 5x 40mph down to 20, then 5x 60 down to 20 (without any hard braking to a complete stop). Now the brakes feel really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts