2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not a good day. On the way to work a suv in the next lane kicked a big chunk of concrete right in front of my car. Having no time to react it caught the lip of both of my right side wheels. The front went flat within minutes. The rear is bent but still holding air. The tires don't appear to be damaged. I called two mazda dealers for a price and both quoted me $500 for each wheel. That's insane. This is not the way I wanted to buy aftermarket wheels. I called 1010tires and bought Enkei RP03. I should get them next week. Hope they look good on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, 17x7 +45 16.8 lbs. Providing stock tires are ok I'll reuse them. If not HTRZ 3.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Alloys can be repaired to like new condition for much less than the cost of new wheels. There is a shop in OKC that specializes in it and I think they charge about $150 per wheel for that kind of damage. The new wheels should look great though and the lower offset will help to further reduce the appearance of wheel gap :)

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks , Thanks and Thanks, Not sure if I'd want to ride around on repaired rims. I don't baby my car when I drive it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Those new rims look SICK!!! I love them!

Sorry to hear about the damage to the old ones. Just to clarify the OEM rims are the 17s from the 3s, correct?!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yup, 17x7 offset 52.5. The two on the left side of my car never got touched.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yup, 17x7 offset 52.5. The two on the left side of my car never got touched. If the TPMS don't fit on the RP03 then they would be included also.
I have the 16s from the 3i model, but I'm sure there will be a taker or two real soon! Good luck!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have actually had a rim repaired, i had a brake caliper come loose and hit the rim every time i went over a bump, eventually wore a groove into the barrel and let all the air out. So for reference a rim that has been cut bad enough to leak is still pretty strong I rode around for 3 weeks with a weird noise under the car before i got the flat.I was able to get the rim fixed, took it to a shop that specializes in it and they were able to fix the rim for $135. since the damage was on the inside where it wasnt visible due to the rim design there was no need to recoat the rim saving on cost. if the damage to your rims is on the inside lip as well i would guess that it would be a relatively straight-foward repari.

note: learn by my example.... always check out new weird noises sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may just repair the two rims and put them back on when I sell the car. Probably get better resale value if it looks stock.

·
got to love mazda!
228 Posts
i think the 3's would look so sick with 5 star rims on them! so nice pick of wheels! cant wait till you get um and post pics! :yes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey, if anybody is interested in buying a set of 2010 MS3 wheels, I am selling mine (Original price is $ 556 ea. but I will obviously not charge that)... they are practically new with about a thousand miles on them...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I found a guy that will repair my rims for $60 ea. He sells wheel straightening machinery. Just gotta find the time to have it done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts