2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he mentioned a good performance mod for my 2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 2.5l may be some fuel injectors.

Has anyone had any experience with these? What are you looking to gain from installing them?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Can not specifically comment on your car, as we do not know if other mods have been done, and if so which ones. In general, all combustion motors are finely tuned air/fuel engines, with their needing to have a specfiic and precise air to fuel ratio in order for your motor to burn properly, efficiently, and produce the most power.

Even if your motor has previously had its intake air amount increased and then even re-tuned, adding any larger fuel injectors might now not help but hurt, if they are the wrong sized. However, if all that was done correctly, but it resulted in insufficient fuel going into your motor, large injectors of the right size can help.

I recommend if one is going to upgrade one's motor, it consequently be done as a complete system upgrade, including then being tuned by a true pro at that time. If so, one can get efficient and greater power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can not specifically comment on your car, as we do not know if other mods have been done, and if so which ones. In general, all combustion motors are finely tuned air/fuel engines, with their needing to have a specfiic and precise air to fuel ratio in order for your motor to burn properly, efficiently, and produce the most power.

Even if your motor has previously had its intake air amount increased and then even re-tuned, adding any larger fuel injectors might now not help but hurt, if they are the wrong sized. However, if all that was done correctly, but it resulted in insufficient fuel going into your motor, large injectors of the right size can help.

I recommend if one is going to upgrade one's motor, it consequently be done as a complete system upgrade, including then being tuned by a true pro at that time. If so, one can get efficient and greater power.
This is incredibly helpful! Thank you!

So far I have done no performance mods on the car except for a K&N air filter.

What would I need to know in order to get the correct injectors that will give the most benefit?

·
Super Moderator
5,541 Posts
What would I need to know in order to get the correct injectors that will give the most benefit?
The ones in your car right now are the correct injectors. Your ECU does have some latitude to compensate for engine modifications. A new air filter or intake won't make a difference. When you start tearing into the motor and doing things like cams, porting, forced induction etc you can start worrying about the injectors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ones in your car right now are the correct injectors. Your ECU does have some latitude to compensate for engine modifications. A new air filter or intake won't make a difference. When you start tearing into the motor and doing things like cams, porting, forced induction etc you can start worrying about the injectors.
Awesome! That's good to know. I wanna add a CAI and magnaflow exhaust as my first performance mods. I was thinking I may need some different injectors too but good to know that's not necessarily the case!

·
Super Moderator
5,541 Posts
Awesome! That's good to know. I wanna add a CAI and magnaflow exhaust as my first performance mods. I was thinking I may need some different injectors too but good to know that's not necessarily the case!
There are better ways to spend your money than a CAI. They really don't do a whole lot. A larger rear sway bar for instance is usually a good place to start, or new shocks, better tires, etc. Your suspension is way more important than a noise maker under the hood.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are better ways to spend your money than a CAI. They really don't do a whole lot. A larger rear sway bar for instance is usually a good place to start, or new shocks, better tires, etc. Your suspension is way more important than a noise maker under the hood.
Tires are also next. I installed a short shifter today and have already bought the RSB. Just waiting on the warmer weather here in New England to install.

Any winter and/or summer tires you suggest?

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Here a thread that will help, with Conti's (though some different ones) being the most chosen tires.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2010-2013-mazda-3-skyactiv-wheels-tires/186482-poll-tires-get.html
I am also going to say cooper rs3-a is a fantastic choice to compare to the excellent conti dsw06 and michelen pilot sport a/s 3+ the coopers definitely belong with them in anyones reviews and for anyone shopping. I have had many a/s3 Michelins and these cooper rs3-a are very similar cost slightly less and are lighter, but out of those 3 tires one cant really go wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts