2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of yesterday, I purchased a 2009 Mazda6 GT from a friend.
When picked up it had just had a new battery installed.
When I drive it, no beeps when driving without seat belt, no beeps when door is left standing open, no beeps when trunk is opened, NOTHING BEEPS. Is it possible for the beeper to be disconnected?

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
93 Posts
Sounds like blessed silence! Modern cars with their over-zealous nanny features drive me nuts. I've got a GMC right now that locks the doors as soon as the car starts to move (no option to make it stop doing it either), and the seatbelt warnings go on for minutes, in ever-increasingly annoying beeping patterns. It's a base-model cargo van for goodness sake, just let me drive the thing! Sorry, rant over...

Ask your friend, the previous owner, if they disabled the dinger. If they didn't, start checking fuses.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had an old Mazda that I started leaving the keys in the car. Never left the keys in before or after. One day I was driving at excessive speed and hit a bump. When the car hit the ground, the beeper control module became completely dislodged. When I plugged it in the beeping resumed and I never left the keys in again.

I never noticed that it stopped beeping before the fix.

So it is possible the beeper is not fully plugged in. I don’t recommend my method of problem identification. By the way, the speed necessary was 3 or 4 times the posted limit if you are going to try it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
As of yesterday, I purchased a 2009 Mazda6 GT from a friend.
When picked up it had just had a new battery installed.
When I drive it, no beeps when driving without seat belt, no beeps when door is left standing open, no beeps when trunk is opened, NOTHING BEEPS. Is it possible for the beeper to be disconnected?
Do the turning signal indicators make a sound still?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts