2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 i touring. The car only has 250 miles on it and i love it so far! I noticed something while i was driving last night. My car randomly makes beeping noises while i am driving. I don't have a clue what it is. Has anyone else had this problem before?

·
Registered
471 Posts
also happens if a door is open (or hatch i assume) and i think as well if you are driving with your emergency brake on. if that is the case it also says on the info screen "release emergency brake"

·
Registered
452 Posts
Could be that your pressing one of the volume controls on the steering wheel, seatbelt not on, emergency brake, door open, even tire pressure i think...what do your displays say?

·
Registered
452 Posts
dimmer switch? are you referring to the instrument panel dimmer switch?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oddly enough, I had the same issue when I first brought my 3 home. Even on the way home from the dealer, it would sound a random beep. This would occur mostly within the first few minutes of driving. It didn't happen every time I drove; it was completely random. I drove myself nuts trying to find it, reading the manual, pressing buttons, changing my startup sequence, what accessories I left on when I turned off the car, etc. Then after a few days of sweating it, I just decided it wasn't worth the trouble - kinda like the annoying rattle from the trunk area that I still have.

Anyway, it eventually disappeared. I'd say within the first two weeks. Now I've got 4500 miles and I haven't heard it since those first few weeks. This probably doesn't help because I never found the cause - or maybe I did without knowing it - but don't drive yourself too crazy with it...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello Everyone! I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 i touring. The car only has 250 miles on it and i love it so far! I noticed something while i was driving last night. My car randomly makes beeping noises while i am driving. I don't have a clue what it is. Has anyone else had this problem before?
I also own a 3i Touring and I've never heard a beeping noise. The only thing I could suggest to you is to cycle through the audio options using the furthest right knob on the radio and turn off the option that says something like beeping notification.

It sounds like the guys with the 3s were asking about a display but the 3i is set up differently. Just try it and see if it goes away!

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
I had this happen after the idiots at the dealer attempted to enable the smart turn on my turn signals (tap the lever to blink 3 times) and auto lock when I walked away with the advance key-less fob. My wife took the car in for the first service and these changes, and they told her that my cars trim level (5door GT with Bose and Tech Packages) wasn't able to have the smart turn enabled. I didn't get to argue it out until she got home with it, so I just called Mazda to see WTF was going on. They said the dealer was wrong and contacted them... the issue was some where that old software was being used (not sure if it was the car or the dealer equipment as I got conflicting answers on this) and I needed to take the car back tomorrow to get this fixed.

We went out that night and the car now randomly beeped... like Morse Code. All doors shut and locked, all seat belts engaged, no warning lights, Nav system not routing, radio on and off. I have never heard it before and my wife said she first noticed it on the way home, but that was the first time she had used the nav system and though that it was beeping at her. She would take it back tomorrow and mention this also.

When my wife first dropped it off, they told her to stick around that this should take about 30 minutes. The came back to her after an hour and told her it was taking longer than expected. They gave her a rental to take home. 2 days later they called to tell us it was ready.

Now my car doesn't beep when I use the buttons on the door or the tail light to lock/unlock the doors. I called back and they are going to correct this at the next service.

Just curious... did the OP get any of the Programming of the user preferences (or whatever they call them) changed? Especially the auto lock when you walk away feature?

·
Registered
471 Posts
that's interesting that you bring up the stock settings on the car. for instance, my blinker, which is supposed to be defaulted as loud or normal, is quiet. i cannot hear it. that's one of the settings noted on the config sheet. it makes me wonder if the dealers mess with the cars, have no clue how to set them up, or if it was the fault of the factory before it was shipped?

i've yet to experience random beeping though (knock on something).

·
1,272 Posts
my blinker, which is supposed to be defaulted as loud or normal, is quiet. i cannot hear it. that's one of the settings noted on the config sheet. it makes me wonder if the dealers mess with the cars, have no clue how to set them up, or if it was the fault of the factory before it was shipped?
The blinker volume is one of the few things you can change by yourself through the MID. Maybe someone changed it on a test drive before you got the car?

·
Registered
278 Posts
My 3 S with about 9k on it had a random beep on the way home. Turned audio off, checked I wasn't accidently hitting buttons and it continued. Stopped for gas turned car off and beep was back after restarting. Strange!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beeping noise

I have a Mazda 3 Sport, and I have the same problem with random beeping noises. It is so annoying! Sometimes I can temporarily fix this by turning the car off and removing the key before starting the car again. The dealer looked at the problem when I took the car in for the first and second oil changes. I used my MP3 recorder to record the noise and played it for the service technician. The second time they were also able to hear the noise with their own ears. They have not seen this problem before and need more time to look at the issue, but they think it is a problem with the wiring. I will take it back in soon and let you know what they find. Do you have a problem with your car key getting extremely hot? It may be related.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Turn the knob that dims your dashboard lights. It may be near the limit where it beeps. Turn it to the middle and see if the beeping goes away. It's how i solved my beeping problem. May be a faulty switch too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 CX9

I also have that very annoying beeping sound that others refer to so I will try some of the suggested solutions. I have another issue with an annoying sound. After the vehicle has been driven for say half an hour or so and I am driving around tight corners I get a squealing sound from somewhere in the front end at every tight corner.It is not the tires and sounds to me like it is coming from the steering column. Of course the annoying squeal did not occur when the maintenance manager went on a drive with me and therefore in their mind the squeal doesn't exist. This vehicle only has 6000 miles on it so isn't normal wear. Anyone else have this issue?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.