2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a Mazda 3 2009 auto 4 door sedan. After the headlights and tail lights stopped working I took it to the auto electricians, They diagnosed the issue as the BCM. Seems this is a common thing. But it didnt get fixed? I think I know why.

Upon searching for 2009 BCM units I decided to look at mine, it was a different shape all together and didn't have the fuses in it. After a while I discovered that it looks identical to a 2010 BCM. I then found a german post with a 2009 BCM with the newer type BCM that I have. So I believe that some 2009 models will have a 2010 type BCM

Question is, will a 2010 BCM actually fit and function correctly if I buy one?
My BCM photo is attached

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
Weird....
If there are fuses they should all be on the top.
But yeah, that's definitely not a gen1 BCM. I don't really have anything else to help assist with this except agreeing that... it isn't what I'm used to seeing.

I think they did that though so it's easier to replace your interior filter; so that's a plus lol :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for your reply, I might have a chat with our Mazda dealership and see what they say. Fingers crossed they tell me a 2010 BCM will work.

Another thing springs to mind, I think when I bought the car the dealer said that the car was a 2010 but badged as a 2009. If so then that could answer some questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts