2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Bay Area meet

Tags
area bay meet
17K views 107 replies 24 participants last post by  dd18 
#1 ·
I see there's been some interest in a Bay Area meet, so I've decided to start a thread and try and make this thing happen. So let's do this guys!

Now to work out the details. I'm seeing some people saying once a month, so we can start there, and hopefully get a location as well, perhaps somewhere in the middle for all of us.

#3 ·
A good midway point would be treasure island, that way every body has to cross a bridge in order to go.
But I've never actually been to am event held there, so i wouldn't know about parking availability.
But I'd be down once we have a date and location set up.

#5 ·
Google doesn't tell me if those parking spaces can be occupied for what we're doing.

I don't mind if we have a different spot, just a suggestion.

#10 ·
Count me in

I've never been to any kind of meet. Really looking forward to being able to be a part of something like that. A drive and some food seems like a great idea. As far as a location... Treasure Island seems like a reasonable midway point.:thumbup 1::thumbup 1:

#21 ·
Over here in San Diego, it's been a hit & miss. I'm trying to come up with creative ways to get the mazda peeps out. I kinda feel like some people think it's a mz3 meet only, which it isn't. We do also have a speed meet too that runs once a month but that's not organized by me tho. I'm looking to see what I can do get MAZDA peeps to get out and come out.

#26 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum , I live in the Bay Area and am new to the Mazda family. Very happy with my new 2015 Mazda3sGT in soul red. I would love to participate in a meet up esp since I'm super interested in getting feedback about accessories/mods for my car ( Colombian female here and I dont know too much about Mazda stuff, I know, I know I'm a rookie). Please keep me posted! Thanks!!

#32 · (Edited)
So far, the list of those interested in meeting is:
Myself
@watfiremo
@yandreev3
@Cruz89
@N3rdMachine
@Krys009

Those who have posted their location recently, but not sure if interested in meets:
@grywng
@Z06Chris
@noire
@pyr0dude

The following are in outlying areas, but could possibly make it out if interested:
@mitsuotim
@dirtlvr

Apologies if you are tagged unwillingly.
That's just what happens when you post your location; I assume you have intent to meet up with fellow M3 owners. :)

If we would like to get a fb group or some kinda communication outside of forums to organize, lets get on board.

Reactions: dirtlvr
#34 ·
So far, the list of those interested in meeting is:
Myself
@watfiremo
@yandreev3
@Cruz89
@N3rdMachine
@Krys009

Those who have posted their location recently, but not sure if interested in meets:
@grywng
@Z06Chris
@noire
@pyr0dude

The following are in outlying areas, but could possibly make it out if interested:
@mitsuotim
@dirtlvr

Apologies if you are tagged unwillingly.
That's just what happens when you post your location; I assume you have intent to meet up with fellow M3 owners. :)

If we would like to get a fb group or some kinda communication outside of forums to organize, lets get on board.
Do it. I think @yandreev3 has started an fb page. I tried going there and it didn't work.

#33 ·
There is a group I started following on Facebook called Norcal MOCC Meets (Mazda Owners Club of California). I have yet to make it to one of their meets but hopefully will soon.

https://www.facebook.com/NorCalMOCCMeets

Also there are a few other meets I am looking to hopefully attend as well....

https://www.facebook.com/events/416664768483144/ (Revolocity 2015)

https://www.facebook.com/events/971081312909897/ (Hosted By DFR Stance)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1586633594882938/ (Hot Import Nights)

#35 ·
Nice, HIN is coming back. Been to the first two, haven't been to any since.
If revolocity is anything like extreme auto fest, then it's not worth going.

Blox is also coming up soon, will be hosted at fort mason

Do it. I think @yandreev3 has started an fb page. I tried going there and it didn't work.
Yea, I think he started a private event page

#37 ·
#38 ·
Anyone still interested in this?
Adding
@rdriggett & @Norbeee
to possible folks as well.

We've got like over 10+ people around here that have 3's...would be nice to see a caravan of us down the highway :)

#44 ·
Let's get an impromptu going this week, or this weekend.
How does maybe friday/saturday sound?

#47 ·
I don't have a lot going on after work Friday.. I am going with some FocusST guys to a meet in Livermore, CA at a new performance shop sponsored by CleanCarCulture on Saturday night. Anyone interested in going to that?

I work in Fairfield but live out in Pittsburg area. Usually not in my home area until about 5ish. In regards to Revolocity events, they put on a good show. I went to their last big one and I not only got to meet Cody Walker but they had Paul Walkers personal collection on display. It was fun.

Also they are hosting a Furious 7 release in San Jose. When I get on my laptop later I'll post the details. Sounds like there are def some Mazda folks in our area. Need to get organized. Anyone good at putting something together. We just need one solid person to organize something.

#51 ·
Meet Tonight

All,

So it looks like we are going to meet up at Target before the meet and cruise in to VL Motorsports. We will meet at 6:45 and hang out until 7:15 before rolling out. I spoke with the owner and he said that there might not be much going on if we show up early but they are fine with whatever.

VL MotorSports (Starts At 8:30) : 4546 Contractors Place, Livermore CA

Target Meet Up (Starts At 6:45) : 4300 Las Positas Road (Fallon Gateway), Livermore CA

#55 ·
It didn't happen.
I'll try to make an event with like a 2 week heads up for people so that everyone has plenty of time to make time.
Join the FB group if you haven't already.

#56 ·
Ok guys, let's try to get this meet organized.
We're going to aim for a "last friday of the month" meet. Most likely around ~7PM, Perfect time to meet up, chill a bit, then drive somewhere to get some food.
Location is going to be at the Treasure Island, exact details will is TBA.
This puts the date for 4/24/15 which should give everyone enough time to plan to come.

@watfiremo
@Cruz89
@N3rdMachine
@Krys009
@mitsuotim
@dirtlvr
@rdriggett
@Norbeee

Gonna try to add @mrchowmein and @Fat Ralphy as possibility.
Will also send out PM's to everyone to try to get everyone on board.

If it works out, we'll try to do a monthly meet. We can always alter the day/time/location to adjust to majority needs.

If you haven't joined the FB group, here it is again:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayAreaMazda3/

Don't be shy guys, nobody knows anyone yet, so it's all going to be an equally strange experience for all of us. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.