2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there's been some interest in a Bay Area meet, so I've decided to start a thread and try and make this thing happen. So let's do this guys!

Now to work out the details. I'm seeing some people saying once a month, so we can start there, and hopefully get a location as well, perhaps somewhere in the middle for all of us.

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
A good midway point would be treasure island, that way every body has to cross a bridge in order to go.
But I've never actually been to am event held there, so i wouldn't know about parking availability.
But I'd be down once we have a date and location set up.

·
Banned
203 Posts

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Google doesn't tell me if those parking spaces can be occupied for what we're doing.

I don't mind if we have a different spot, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the car fits.....

Haha one of us can go see if it's a possible spot one day
Google doesn't tell me if those parking spaces can be occupied for what we're doing.

I don't mind if we have a different spot, just a suggestion.
I suppose we could ask the YMCA there if we could use their parking lot. There honestly doesn't seem to much in terms of parking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another idea I had about the meet was that after we meet up and shoot the shit for a bit, we go for a drive and grab some food.

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
I suppose we could ask the YMCA there if we could use their parking lot. There honestly doesn't seem to much in terms of parking.
Yeah, seems like it.
Was looking at some previous meets there, and looks like they used what limited parking there was along ave of the palms here
I just rather have permission rather than barging in front of some business.

Another idea I had about the meet was that after we meet up and shoot the shit for a bit, we go for a drive and grab some food.
Or maybe like a Quickly's/In-N-Out meet?

·
8 Posts
Count me in

I've never been to any kind of meet. Really looking forward to being able to be a part of something like that. A drive and some food seems like a great idea. As far as a location... Treasure Island seems like a reasonable midway point.:thumbup 1::thumbup 1:

·
Banned
203 Posts
I don't remember where I went before but it was some spot that you use a bridge to get to in sf. Then there was a huge parking lot and another smaller parking lot overlooking one of the bridges and the city and it made for the perfect photo spot. Rdriggett and I could take a road trip to find it this weekend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, seems like it.
Was looking at some previous meets there, and looks like they used what limited parking there was along ave of the palms here
I just rather have permission rather than barging in front of some business.

I absolutely agree. I saw a library near Palms where it looked like there was a parking lot.

Or maybe like a Quickly's/In-N-Out meet?
That would be cool as well, I just say we go for a spin as well.

I've never been to any kind of meet. Really looking forward to being able to be a part of something like that. A drive and some food seems like a great idea. As far as a location... Treasure Island seems like a reasonable midway point.:thumbup 1::thumbup 1:
Well let's get this figured out soon!

I don't remember where I went before but it was some spot that you use a bridge to get to in sf. Then there was a huge parking lot and another smaller parking lot overlooking one of the bridges and the city and it made for the perfect photo spot. Rdriggett and I could take a road trip to find it this weekend.
Is this a spot off the golden gate bridge? I remember seeing a a parking lot at the bottom of the bridge on the SF side.
Definitely let us know.

I made a Facebook event so we can organize this more easily.

https://www.facebook.com/events/813194325427957/
I don't use facebook unfortunately.

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Is this a spot off the golden gate bridge? I remember seeing a a parking lot at the bottom of the bridge on the SF side.
Definitely let us know.
There's a dirt lot below the visitor parking area.
It's pay2park.
I'd prefer to be on an asphalt lot if possible

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
Well...I guess there's this...

It took us a long time to setup and establish our SoCal Redondo Beach Rita's meet and we're celebrating our 2nd year next month. In the beginning, we moved the day around a few times to try and find one that would work for the most people. Weekends were pretty much out, since everyone always had commitments. Midweek seemed to work better and we landed on Thursdays. @Oliverms3 and MOCC have a Wednesday night meet in the Valley, so we didn't want to interfere with that. I'd suggest starting with a core group of members/cars. We started with 5-8. The size of the meet varies every month now from 10-20 cars. Sometimes, other SoCal groups will roll though. Also, more than once a month was near impossible for all of us to get together. Once a month gives everyone something to look forward to and work towards. Right now, @Sublime27 is in charge of getting the word out on our meet outside for M3R. Tim, you have any suggestions for NorCal? @steelrain and @pdc001 run the Rita's SD meet so maybe they can chime in too.

Good luck guys. Right thumb!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts