2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
My name is Chris, some call me Dill, and I recently acquired a Jet Black 2017 Mazda 3 Hatchback Grand Touring with the premium package and 6 speed manual transmission! I am loving it so far! I cross shopped just about everything in the class but the ergonomics, attention to detail, styling, dynamics, and the ability to make me lust over it any time I saw one on the road ended up winning me over.

I decided to go with the grand touring premium package mostly because of the looks. I knew I absolutely had to have the LED headlights and taillights the moment I saw them about two years ago. Originally I wanted the parchment leather interior, but 1, there were none in my area with what I wanted for months, and two, as a teen/young adult I knew I probably would not have the patience to wipe down the interior every time I wore jeans.

Here are some mods I plan on doing throughout the lifetime of the car:
- Husky Weather Beater floorliners (already installed, cheaper than Weathertech, more protection for dead pedal)
- Debadge the trunk except the Mazda emblem
- Tints all around
- California heritage license plates (Yellow on black)
- Gloss black window trim instead of the chrome
- About 1 inch lower to even out wheel gap
- LED lights wherever I can put them
- Darker taillights and reflectors
- Front plate relocation to tow hook if I get ticketed for not having front plates
- Trunk cargo mat
Possibly
- Tinted headlights
- BBS SR wheels or Mazda 6 Grand Touring wheels
- Thule roof rack and fairing
- Mazda OEM appearance front and side lips or All Fit lips for front and side
- A spoiler extension
- Matte black fender stripe
- Upgraded exhaust, intake, other performance stuff I haven't thought about

I am super excited to grow with this car and take it to new levels in its future. Feel free to keep up with my baby at @dilldrives on Instagram! I am an aspiring photographer so there will be tons of photos along the way!

Attachments

·
Working Class Hero
3,625 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Don't tint your headlights. Ever.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm also new at about eight or nine posts so far. I'm an 18 year-old kid and I have a 2013 mazda 3 touring sedan, and I want what you have. So badly. I love my car, but the lack of LED lights bug me. On the topic of lights, I agree with GerryB. don't tint your headlights. Tinted lights look pretty cool, but my advice is to just tint the rear lights. That can look clean and you wouldn't be limiting your visibility.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Welcome hellochrisd0! Great looking car you have and well done so far!

And while others have above raised the concern of tinting headlights, a further voice of caution about tinting tails, for all one then needs is to have someone run into you and then claim that they did not see your tailights. We all get to choose on this, but with law suits exponentially growing, just something for each of us to consider. And even if no lawsuit, we run the risk of no insurance coverage if our tail tinting reduced the light level to below that specified by Federal and/or also state law.

Great mods already Chris.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Welcome aboard! Happy modding! Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome hellochrisd0! Great looking car you have and well done so far!

And while others have above raised the concern of tinting headlights, a further voice of caution about tinting tails, for all one then needs is to have someone run into you and then claim that they did not see your tailights. We all get to choose on this, but with law suits exponentially growing, just something for each of us to consider. And even if no lawsuit, we run the risk of no insurance coverage if our tail tinting reduced the light level to below that specified by Federal and/or also state law.

Great mods already Chris.
Thanks for all the advice everybody! Super great insight and I guess you guys are right :crying2:
I'm still super excited about all my other mods to come though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts