2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Battery sat disconnected and now throwing codes and DSC light

3K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Skythe 
#1 ·
Hi All - (Hope this is in the right section)

I added sound deadening and soundproofing material to my 2.5L hatch following this DIY write-up (Cheaply and effectively sound deadening your 2010-2013 Mazda3) and disconnected the battery prior to disconnecting the airbag connectors under the seats. I did reconnect the battery in order to move the powered seat forward/backward to get to the bolts -- this may have caused the computer to reset or somehow be damaged?

Upon re-assembly and start-up, the car displayed the ABS, traction control, and check engine light on which seemed strange for the car having sat for ~5 days. It is possible I didn't reconnect a cable, but I was very particular about checking everything and disconnecting only what seemed necessary. I made sure the grounding cables were secured to bare metal, etc. etc. The codes are all over the place which makes me think there could possibly be a pinched wire. I checked the DSC/TCM fuses in the engine bay and they are fine.

I have read up on needing to turn the wheel from lock to lock while the key is in the ON position with the engine off. I tried that after driving it a bit and it does not change anything. Clearing codes will turn the CEL off but the Traction Control icon on my dash stays on. Pressing the DSC button does nothing (no indication that traction control is off).

I'm coming up short on ideas aside from disconnecting the battery once more for a few hours and then calling the dealer.. Perhaps some component, sensor, or module was damaged during the battery disconnect/reconnect when I moved the powered seat.

Thoughts or ideas?

Codes from 1st Read:
P0138 (HO2S12) circuit high voltage [Oxygen sensor high voltage?]
U0125 Lost Communication with Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor Module [seems to be recurring]

Codes from 2nd Read:
U0125 Lost Communication with Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor Module [seems to be recurring]

Codes from 3rd Read:
P061B Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance
U0121 Lost Communication with the (ABS) Control Module
U0401 Invalid or Missing (CAN) Data from the (PCM)
U0401 Invalid or Missing (CAN) Data from the (PCM) [2nd code?]

Well this doesn't make sense.. I cleared and pulled again a while later.

Codes from 4th Read:
U0401 Invalid or Missing (CAN) Data from the (PCM)

See less See more
#3 ·
It's 2010 Mazda3 s GT 2.5L Manual Transmission. The battery is about 2.5 years old and has been reconditioned. I've tried turning the steering wheel lock-to-lock on both directions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.