2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have Mazda 3 2019 BP
My car's battery runs out quickly

When the car is idle for several days, it starts up without any problems.

The car's engine is off and when I open all the doors a few times, my battery drops..

My battery has discharged 6 times since opening the door.

Someone has encountered such a problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
The BP has been observed to have greater parasitic load than the BM/BN.. The electronics are way more complex w/ way more modules. Hook a smart charger, like a CTEK MXS 5 0 or equivalent, if car doesn't see much road time.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keep the car locked and store the key far away from the car. Some people hang their car keys near the car and they keep communicating to each other due to the keyless access and thus consuming your battery. Also put your unused spare keys to sleep mode.

And obviously, if you have device(s) connected to the cigarette/usb port such as dashcam, make sure they’re off and not draining your battery.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Keep the car locked and store the key far away from the car. Some people hang their car keys near the car and they keep communicating to each other due to the keyless access and thus consuming your battery. Also put your unused spare keys to sleep mode.

And obviously, if you have device(s) connected to the cigarette/usb port such as dashcam, make sure they’re off and not draining your battery.
How far is far away? I might have this problem. Though I don't keep my keys in the garage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem has been solved.
I went to another Mazda service and it turned out that one system in the car only went to sleep after 30-1 hours and was using electricity during that time. When I went to the car and opened the door, it was using electricity again and so still, it was changed to 4 minutes and now I have peace, lock the car and keep it away from the car in anti-rfd id.

I never leave anything plugged into the USB or the cigarette lighter

Previously, the battery died 7x after opening the door in the car, now everything is OK, the systems go to sleep after 4 minutes as they changed in the service :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
you might have a combination of faulty battery or faulty alternator or both.

youll need to test the system in order to know whats wrong.

definitely you will need a new battery but you need to test the alternator.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Problem has been solved.
I went to another Mazda service and it turned out that one system in the car only went to sleep after 30-1 hours and was using electricity during that time. When I went to the car and opened the door, it was using electricity again and so still, it was changed to 4 minutes and now I have peace, lock the car and keep it away from the car in anti-rfd id.

I never leave anything plugged into the USB or the cigarette lighter

Previously, the battery died 7x after opening the door in the car, now everything is OK, the systems go to sleep after 4 minutes as they changed in the service :)
solved by software fix only?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, i have Mazda 3 2019 BP
My car's battery runs out quickly

When the car is idle for several days, it starts up without any problems.

The car's engine is off and when I open all the doors a few times, my battery drops..
View attachment 279105

My battery has discharged 6 times since opening the door.

Someone has encountered such a problem?
I own a 2019 Mazda3 and it’s left me stranded (battery) several times. The dealership charges the battery (not always believing that I needed a jumpstart even after using the roadside assistance app several times) and says the battery is good. I have an older Mazda3 that was very reliable but this has been disappointing. I also contacted Mazda (e-mail) and they never replied. That’s not customer service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My problem has already been solved, in Poland there is a system update (TSB) available that is loaded by mazda service repairing the problem with the discharging battery (Number in Poland: AM005A, Mazda 3 BP and CX-30)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I posted about a Special Service Program letter I received several days ago:

The discharged battery problem is one of the issues mentioned. My car doesn't appear to have any of these symptoms (in fact, doesn't even have a power lift gate) but I will have the dealer check out the other two, anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.