2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two best batteries I've found. They will cover all types of motors found in the mazda 3. I-eloop included with i-stop.

Batteries plus x2 AGM battery - Made by Northstar
5 Year replacement warranty
On the site they have a 10 percent off coupon if you order online and pickup in store.

The Northstar battery

Typically a little cheaper and you can purchase with paypal but only comes with 4 year replacement warranty.

If anyone else has something equal or better please post.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interested as well. My OEM battery is over 5 years as far as I can tell (no history of it being replaced)
My flip up display sometimes doesn't go all the way up lately which I read is most likely due to a weakening battery.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interested as well. My OEM battery is over 5 years as far as I can tell (no history of it being replaced)
My flip up display sometimes doesn't go all the way up lately which I read is most likely due to a weakening battery.
Mine started going out the same way. Apparently though, I was able to refurbish mine since the issue with the battery was an incomplete sulfation from the plate it's in use for a different application on my RV now, but it still doesn't do the same voltage as my northstar does. The Northstar is pretty awesome from the fact that it has higher CCA than factory so things like the headlights dimming while starting no longer happen. I replaced mine just before last winter when it started getting cold at night.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine started going out the same way. Apparently though, I was able to refurbish mine since the issue with the battery was an incomplete sulfation from the plate it's in use for a different application on my RV now, but it still doesn't do the same voltage as my northstar does. The Northstar is pretty awesome from the fact that it has higher CCA than factory so things like the headlights dimming while starting no longer happen. I replaced mine just before last winter when it started getting cold at night.
Just curious if you had any problems fitting the Northstar battery with the box it goes in or the bracket connected to the positive terminal connector.
It looks like the battery is wider at the top. Did it cause any fitment issues?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious if you had any problems fitting the Northstar battery with the box it goes in or the bracket connected to the positive terminal connector.
It looks like the battery is wider at the top. Did it cause any fitment issues?
It won't fit the battery insulation sleeve that the car came with. But other than that, it's a perfect fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts