2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was installing an additional horn today (went swimmingly and sounds awesome btw), and I also just so happen to have a slight fear of putting my hands in small, dark, confined spaces in which there may be electrical arcing or shock risk. The only way I could do it was to blindly put my hands in there and feel around ("that's what she said" not necessary).

Suffice to say, I opted to disconnect the battery. After putting everything back to together I went for a quick cruise and immediately noticed my 1-touch window down no longer worked. I love that feature, and wish it was on every single window button in the car (modding geniuses? get to work).

Strangely, this feature defaults to disabled once the car is reset. So I talked to Mazda, and here's the simple solution to save anyone else the heartache.

To re-enable the 1-Touch window feature:
1) Start the car
2) Roll the driver's side window completely down.
3) Roll it completely back up and don't release the button for an additional 2 seconds.
4) ???
5) Profit

·
Registered
16 Posts
look into directed part number 530t. One unit will control two windows, gives you auto up and down. I installed mine last week, the install was fairly easy, all wires can be found in the drivers kick panel except for the driver's door window. I had to pull wires into the door, talk about a pain!

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, the 530t isn't quite what I'm looking for since I don't want to relinquish control of the two rear windows in exchange for another 1-touch down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts