2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew if you could adjust the bass level on the bose subwoofer that came with the tech pack. The bass sounds like crap now unless i have my ipod playing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The subwoofer really sucks in the 2010 bose systems. It wasn't the best in my 06 mz3 but it definitely had more thump (as much as a 6" woofer can produce) than the new one. Looking at replacing the stock one with an aftermarket sub and amp. Just gotta save up the money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
please no harm intended.. but u can adjust the base level through the head unit by pressing the far right turn dial until you see the "BASS" option. turn left or right as you choose.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yea the sub sucks if your looking for it to hit harder your better off getting an aftermarket sub an amp put in. Thats what i did and i love it, but really dont have any trunk room in my hatch now.

·
Registered
596 Posts
you need some of this

·
Registered
78 Posts
You think the Bose sub sucks try listening to the stock radio in a 2010 2.5. My speed with tech was in the shop for a couple of days and that was what they gave to me a loner. Made me appreciate even more that I went with the speed and the tech package.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did it myself.. Split the stock sub out to my jl w3 box and amp.. It's easy.. 4 wires 2 of which are for power and the other 2 are audio signal.. Just get urself a volt meter to make sure you don't send power to you amp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also, I should mention that my amp has a mini eq. Which really is a plus because you can fine tune the bass levels as apposed to just tuning with the deck sub output

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am very happy with the boss package. Not a fan of bass so heavy it makes you feel sick and shaking everything in the car. Plus Boss is know for bass similation (bass your hear)... not for bass you feel. So for those looking to get a Mazda 3 need to have the right expectation when looking at the audio system option.

But I respect those that want the feel and sound. More power to ya... literally.

·
Registered
66 Posts
you need some of this

Are those w1s? Almost the cheapest JL subs... those one up from bottom of the line... and only like 150w... they sell DOOR SPEAKERS that are higher wattage than that..

You just wasted a ton of money on that.... you could have gotten way nicer subs for the money.

I bet that ported box makes those subs sound like dookie too...

Just my 2cents. :chuck_norris 1:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2012 MS3 with the Bose in it and I gotta say even with the bass on the head unit turned up I really can't tell a difference. I couldn't tell it even had a sub in the spare tire well till I took the carpet out the other night to double check that the sub was actually there. I'm not impressed at all with the sub/amp set up at all. The door speakers and tweeters are awesome but some work needs to e done with the rest of the system.

·
Registered
356 Posts
^+1 I agree here ....I cannot even tell there really is a Bose sub in the trunk..... I was going to sell my 12w6 but I think I'm going to keep it and install it to upgrade...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone get a higher pwer AMP and simply swap out the AMP?
I want it louder and I'm thinking if I get a more powerful AMP that might do the trick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts