2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at different grill options lately. I figured it was something I'd do later down the road until this happened today.

Big ass coyote at 70mph. My original thought was to keep the stock grill and black out the chrome v and emblem and also black out the fog light bezels. Recently I've been looking into badgeless grills. There are 2 in particular.
One is the MIT grill that most people have seen. But I've run across another that I really like so I thought I'd post a pic of it.

I'm not a huge fan of the honeycomb style but I'm digging the second one. Any thoughts?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I heard that bayson r has 2 new grille types coming in a week or so, I'm currently waiting on them to see which grilles they are. If I like it I'm gonna grab the front lip and side skirts at the same time. If not then I'm gonna grab the mit grille simply because others on here have them and I haven't heard anything negative yet. Also because I have red hella horns I wanna show off ��

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that bayson r has 2 new grille types coming in a week or so, I'm currently waiting on them to see which grilles they are. If I like it I'm gonna grab the front lip and side skirts at the same time. If not then I'm gonna grab the mit grille simply because others on here have them and I haven't heard anything negative yet. Also because I have red hella horns I wanna show off ��
Yeah I'm curious to see what they are getting. I posted that info on here last week when I picked up the lip and skirts. I'm glad I held off on installing them. They have a couple of spoilers too that are not online yet. We mocked them up on my car while I was there

·
Registered
334 Posts
Drag about the accident, going to have to start calling your car The Road Runner...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah I'm curious to see what they are getting. I posted that info on here last week when I picked up the lip and skirts. I'm glad I held off on installing them. They have a couple of spoilers too that are not online yet. We mocked them up on my car while I was there

Dude thanx for posting it. I couldn't find the post to quote.
Do you know what the grilles look like? You got pix of the grilles and the spoilers?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Dude thanx for posting it. I couldn't find the post to quote.
Do you know what the grilles look like? You got pix of the grilles and the spoilers?
I don't have any info on the grilles yet. I'm gonna call them in about 2 hours. As for the spoilers, one of them was very similar to the Autoexe. Mounting wise it is exactly the same.
http://www.autoexe.co.jp/car/bm/bm05s/kakudai/bm05ssiderr.html

The other one that they have is the ms3 style one pictured here
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1611249

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I contacted Bayson R today about the grille. There may have been some confusion. They are getting grilles in for the gen2 this week. The guy I spoke to last week wasn't there today. He's supposed to call me tomorrow with more info

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The more I look at the second one the less I'm liking it lol. I might just go with the MIT or OEM and black out the emblem and v

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went ahead and ordered the MIT grille. It should be installed in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts