2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today that my that my catalytic converter was bad after my engine light came on. I have 75k on my 10 mz3. Was covered under the emissions warranty. My question though, is do these usually go out this early on mazda's or did I just happen to get one that didnt have a long life?

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
I found out today that my that my catalytic converter was bad after my engine light came on. I have 75k on my 10 mz3. Was covered under the emissions warranty. My question though, is do these usually go out this early on mazda's or did I just happen to get one that didnt have a long life?
Took mine all off, easy fix

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
387 Posts
do you idle too much? if yes, that may be a reason why.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
As far as my knowledge goes, which isn't that far, i haven't heard anyone report this issue on the forums.

A buddy of mine with a speed3 had that issue, but that is because something happened with his engine, mazda replaced it, but never cleaned the catalytic converter. So after the new engine all that shit from the old engine gather up in there.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Where have you been getting your gas? Some low quality gas can harm the converters. Also bad o2 sensors can damage them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts