2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Im a new 2015 Mazda 3 Owner, have it less than a month and Loving it so far. I was a little unsure at first, but when i stumbled onto this website and saw how people really loved their M3, I knew it was the right car to buy. So...I try to install Android Auto and mess up.....touch screen is stuck on mazda logo :argh 1: BUT luckily i can still hear the radio and my phone still connects to bluetooth (but i cant change source away from radio), and my car still recognizes USB sticks (tried a repair or 2 with out success). Long Story short, took it to dealer to take care of new Infotainment upgrade and they say I need a new Infotainment Touch screen Assembly. I wanted to tell them of my botched attempt to install android auto, but thought it would be best not to say anything. I bought my car used, out of warranty and afraid of the bill if the dealer decides not to cover the repair.

With the help of the board, Ive been able to find out that the original Operating System file 31.00.100A is missing.
QUESTION: Can anyone please show me how to replace that missing Operating System File and hopefully avoid the hassle @ dealer? Im a total newbie to SSH and scripts and stuff like that, some of the posts on the board have been a little too advanced for me to follow, anyone have a step by step guide or something?

Any help would be super appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not an expert on this, but there is an Infotainment Forum here which has a lot of information about these kind of things. Try to search there. There are some downloads, and you might be able to find something to put on a USB stick and do the repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts