2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this happens to anybody, where your backup camera feed doesn't show up on your screen when you put the car into reverse, first try a forced reboot.

I had the issue a few mornings ago. I rebooted the infotainment center, and the backup camera feature worked again.

So, before you try any more difficult measures, like troubleshooting the circuit with a meter or taking it to a dealer, just reboot. Seriously!
The camera feed is put on the screen by a computer program, and it probably just crashed.

To force a complete reboot:
press and hold Mute + Nav + Back

·
Registered
350 Posts
Next to the shifter. You actually need to press and hold down until the screen turn off and goes to the Mazda logo. I had this issue started a long time ago and it still and issue but whatever. Cheap car does cheap things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very helpful. I have a '19 Mazda 3, and the image from the backup camera was coming up distorted. I tried the reset to factory settings but that didn't work. This forced reboot fixed the problem in one shot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If this happens to anybody, where your backup camera feed doesn't show up on your screen when you put the car into reverse, first try a forced reboot.

I had the issue a few mornings ago. I rebooted the infotainment center, and the backup camera feature worked again.

So, before you try any more difficult measures, like troubleshooting the circuit with a meter or taking it to a dealer, just reboot. Seriously!
The camera feed is put on the screen by a computer program, and it probably just crashed.

Very good advise, it works.. Thanks man

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Umm..... If you have this issue and it's intermittent. Check your hatch opening switch, if the rubber seal is split. This will cause issues since it's wired in series with the camera. You'll need to change out the whole switch. It's about a 72 dollar part and about an hour maybe 2(if you do it yourself) to swap it out. If you do it yourself, get a bunch of tabs for the interior as you'll have to pull the interior off the back hatch to get to the bolt/studs that hold the cover that holds down the switch. If you happen to catch the split switch early, you may be able to tape it off and spray some rubber over the split to keep the seal for a while longer, but expect to replace.

A shop shouldn't charge you more than an hour to do the job.

·
Registered
1 Posts

This did not work tried it three times do you know any thing else I can try?

·
Registered
560 Posts
One other suggestion if that doesn't work...If you have anything plugged into the console charger, SD map slot or USB ports remove all and then, lock the door and walk away for awhile and/or do a infotainment reset/reboot. I found on a couple occasions, that removing the SD map card fixed the exact problem. A couple of times recently, I noticed the navigation did not come on and I just removed the SD card and re-inserted. I do on occasion get the wiggly back up screen, but the problem usually resets itself the next time I get in the car....There is also a known problem discussed long ago on this forum that off brand chargers can cause the screen problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for the info. My 2019 CX 5 also have this intermittent problem today. I was about to try this fix but, as expected, the backup camera worked again after maybe an hour after the ignition was turned off. Will certainly try this fix if nothing else does. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts

It definitely worked on 2015 Mazda3! Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now then guys I have a similar problem with my camera and the reset didn't work. What is a bit confusing though is that it only happens when is raining and/or it's cold. It looks like some sort of a glitch where the screen gets all funny and all I can see is colours or if it's dry (just cold) the picture is blurry and it looks like there is some kind of interference. All this disappears the moment the weather get sunny and dry. Any suggestions for a fix are welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Worked perfect! Thank you!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

WORKED PERFECTLY! Thank you!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts