2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to the forum and so far its been very informative liking what i see. Any how my girlfriends 3 (sedan) has a noise coming from what sounds like rear glass/back deck. It only doing it when its stupid cold out, I've only heard it once personally but she says it seems to be getting worse. Anyother time I wouldnt worry so much about interior rattle amd track it later but shes telling me it litterally sounds as if the back glass is cracking or being broken..... ive inspected it very closely and no niks no cracks no breaks... just wondering if anyone else is/has experienced this. Any input would great.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've been meaning to look into this more closely myself. I'm not sure I would describe mine as a cracking sound, but more of a really annoying squeaking sound, particularly noticeable when it's very cold on the highway coming from the rear glass region.

I certainly hope mine doesn't get to the point where it sounds like the glass is breaking, but it is already irritating to me at times. My guess is someone did not do a good job of taking into consideration thermal growth tolerances and so there is a good chance the glass might be getting unusual stresses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts too. Maybe just a bad run off assembly line. Its all under warrenty and what not but by the time the cabin. Warms up its almost none existent. I dont have enough faith in the local dealer to leave it over night. I'll just have to get serious with it and figure it out. Sucks cause its gonna be in 50s here this weekend, not near cold enough and of course thats really going to be when I have time. Haha oh well ill track it down one way or another.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have the same issue. Once the car warms up I forget how annoying it is and don't mess with it... Also don't really trust dealer to take care of it and warranty is up very soon. Mine sounds like its coming from the passenger side, but yours could be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts