2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First time poster, long time lurker.
I’ve been having an issue with my backup camera for a few months now; basically the issue is that when I shift into reverse, the BUC doesn’t turn on. I found a post about this where people said to pull the battery, reset the infotainment, etc. The only thing that’s worked for me is battery pull.

Just wondering if I should consider updating my firmware to see if that fixes the issue, or could it be something computer related?

The firmware that I’m currently on is;

OS 70.00.352 NA N

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yes, an update could (not have to) solve your issue, as from 70.00.367 onwards a fixed bug is "*When the transmission is shifted into Reverse, the rear view does not appear.". So I would update to 70.00.367 or latest 74.00.230.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, an update could (not have to) solve your issue, as from 70.00.367 onwards a fixed bug is "*When the transmission is shifted into Reverse, the rear view does not appear.". So I would update to 70.00.367 or latest 74.00.230.
thank you so much Tristan! I tried checking the Mega file for 70.00.367 but it doesn’t seem to be there. Do you by any chance have a link to it?
thanks again :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So just wanted to post a quick update;

Updated to the latest firmware, camera isn’t coming on at all now.

Not sure if I should be looking into hardware now?Has anyone ever replaced the camera before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok UPDATE TO MY UPDATE;

Took off the trunk trim (may have broken a clip…lol)

I looked at the connector seems to be fine so I disconnected it and re connected it and the issue seems to be fixed!

im going to leave the trim off for a couple days to make sure but fingers crossed the issue’s fixed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts