2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mazda has some rattle coming from the b pillar area while driving on uneven roads, this is especially noticeable during low temperatures. I've managed to locate the source - it's the drivers seat window. The rattle stops when I lower the window or push the window from the inside with my finger. Now here is the interesting part: the rattle usually stops after driving for several kilometers (probably due to the fact that the window gets heated up from the inside), therefore taking the car to the dealer to report the problem seems pointless, because the dealer always wants to recreate the rattle before they proceed with the repair. Did anyone have a similar issue and managed to fix it on there own?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I already had the b pillar disassembled, but I found nothing. I'm certain that the window or an element that is adjacent to it is at fault here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think so, my seals are not damaged by heat.
My rattle was from the seatbelt assembly inside the b pillar.
As I've mentioned before: the b pillar plastics had been disassembled but no loose elements were found.

I believe that the window glass or an element adjacent to it is responsible for the rattle, because when I lower the window glass all the way down or push my finger against the glass then the rattle stops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts