2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
this might be one of my favorite (looking) speeds out there.
silver rpf1's look so right, and the drop is perfect.
well done man.
Thank you good sir... You're has come a long way!

BTW for anyone who is interested, I'm putting up my stockies for sale in the classified.

Reactions: Mazda3Hatch

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
holy shit..just looks like my car... lol

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
18x9 +35? Peculiar size, but looks pretty good.

I'd drop the front 1/4" just to even out the wheel gap.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@color0-fenders need to be rolled before I can drop it more unfortunately. on my list of things to do.
@Oliverms3- can we be wolf pack brothers too?

Suspension is done other than minor tweaks to height and load adjustments, next up I'm moving to fast bits parts. Order I'm going for HPFP-->AP-->SRI for now, definitely want to do a full turboback, but I need to read into more about tuning before I start really messing with it.

Thank you tax season plus quarterly bonuses :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
@color0-fenders need to be rolled before I can drop it more unfortunately. on my list of things to do.
@Oliverms3- can we be wolf pack brothers too?

Suspension is done other than minor tweaks to height and load adjustments, next up I'm moving to fast bits parts. Order I'm going for HPFP-->AP-->SRI for now, definitely want to do a full turboback, but I need to read into more about tuning before I start really messing with it.

Thank you tax season plus quarterly bonuses :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
figured I share this since its coming next after the tax returns :D

Attachments

Reactions: mazdaspeedmyk

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Damnit you ordered the CP-E turboback exhaust too. Argh I need mine almost have enough for my RPF1s and CP-E. Your also at about the exact height I'm at.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
this might be one of my favorite (looking) speeds out there.
silver rpf1's look so right, and the drop is perfect.
well done man.
Damnit you ordered the CP-E turboback exhaust too. Argh I need mine almost have enough for my RPF1s and CP-E. Your also at about the exact height I'm at.
lol CP-E is just so nice tho! I love my rpf1's they are so light, but I need new tires :(

Reactions: Frnchplayr15

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
245/35/18 to go on those 9's? ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
245/35/18 to go on those 9's? ;)
I haven't fully decided yet, I want something that has plenty of sidewall to give myself a comfortable ride. Right now I'm running the stock 225/40 dunlop tires and they run pretty wide due to the side wall protector, but they are pretty uncomfortable. I want to do 255/35 but that may cause rubbing, I was think 235/40 as a good medium, slight stretch but still plenty of meat on the wheel.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I want to do 255/35 but
Now there's a thought lol. Do it. I can walk you through any fender trouble you might have, 255/35 on a 9 is much easier to deal with than on a 9.5.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Now there's a thought lol. Do it. I can walk you through any fender trouble you might have, 255/35 on a 9 is much easier to deal with than on a 9.5.
i would love to run that wide, my only concern is how much pull on the fender I would need to do. I edge on staying away from pulling the fender as its my personal preference to not have the flared look. Rolling and flattening the fender lip would be my best compromise. I would definitely consider 245/35 or 235/40. I would like to go just a bit lower but I don't feel like chewing up tires haha

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
How much camber are you running? Speed3's have wider front fenders anyways so you won't have to pull that much.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
currently I'm running natural camber up front around -1.5 and the rears I'm at 0. I will need to camber the rears to match the front but all in due time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
updated OP

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.