2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you all, Soo... uh... yeah.... I don't own an Mazda 3 YET, but it won't be long, I have my eyes on a 2010 BLACK GS Sedan (2.0L) and I will make it a fun daily/project car for all the seasons (including Canadian Winters)

please be advised that I come from the Toyota world... and that I was a "die hard" fan of my Yaris LE 2008 (which at the time I'm writing this, I stil own it) and that comming from a little 106HP 1.5 to a 138HP 2.0L is quite an upgrade for me... I will try to make it my own little fun sedan with finally a car with the instrument cluster at the right place.....(thank god)

if y'all want pics of my Yaris I can provide some... but since it's an M.3 forum, I don't think it's the ppropriate place to show it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if you ask ... LOL ... it's a silly 1.5 with "rare" Smoked LED JDM Tail Lights... a EURO SPEC LED Cluster (ONLY DUDE in canada with this thing) and a 80$ Ebay seat bolted/adapted to my OEM rails ( that means OEM seats can go back anytime (thing that I will do before selling the car.... soo STOCK tail lights, STOCK Cluster and STOCK seat... Yellow Fog Lights will eventually stay there.....)

Attachments

Reactions: Rdrokit

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics. Will you sell your Yaris if you get the Mazda?
absolutely... it's a fun car and all.... but I really need a Sedan...and with a bit more ... uhm... how can I describe that.... uhm.. a bit more *Umphhhh!*... power/torque... I heard that Mazda engines are really torquy.. soo I'm giving it a try

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
absolutely... it's a fun car and all.... but I really need a Sedan...and with a bit more ... uhm... how can I describe that.... uhm.. a bit more *Umphhhh!*... power/torque... I heard that Mazda engines are really torquy.. soo I'm giving it a try
The problem with Umphhhh is the more you get the more you want. :grin2: I'm driving a 3 with the 2 liter 165hp spec engine and am wishing it had the 2.5 liter 184hp engine. Unfortunately that engine is not available in Thailand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with Umphhhh is the more you get the more you want. :grin2: I'm driving a 3 with the 2 liter 165hp spec engine and am wishing it had the 2.5 liter 184hp engine. Unfortunately that engine is not available in Thailand.
my little brother have an 05 with the 2.3.... I never really trusted Mazda since they were all rusty there (until 2010 apparently) his IS rusty in the rear quarter panel and some on the doors... but DAMN I was suprised how well this engine perform.... only thing I find annoying in this car, is THE GEAR LEVER (it's a manual... and he is learning...) gears goes easy and not dangerous at all for him... but gears are TOO CLOSE ... like you think you in 1st but NOPE you in 3rd and stall like a dumbass.... I sincerly hope this is not the same on recent Mazda 3....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts