2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 3 iGT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post here, I wanted to see if anybody else found the seat position in their car to be too tall?

I have a 2015 iGT sedan and I find that even with the bottom cushion adjusted to the lowest position, I feel like im sitting on a barstool. I am only about 5'8 and my head nearly hits the roof. Has anybody done any modifications to lower the seat position in their car? I have heard the hatchback seats sit a bit lower but I'm not sure if that is true?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Can't say this is a problem for me....I'm 5'10". Yes my head isn't far from the roof, but not like I'm anywhere near touching. This is how small cars are built. An SUV or crossover would have more head room.

I'm a little curious what your seat is set up like. I also have a 2015 so should be identical.

The problem I always had was the headrest is far too forward for me. Causes neck pain no matter where I put it. I got some little pillows off the internet somewhere to solve that one.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 3 iGT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting, I never noticed my headrest bothering me. I have a power drivers seat and right now its all the way down front and rear and then I have it adjusted as far back as I can go while still putting the clutch all the way in. It's really just a minor thing I have noticed since I got the car 8 months ago. I have noticed when i move the seat further back it lowers quite a bit more, maybe I can do that and put some blocks on the pedals :LOL:. I came from a 2011 chevy cruze, and although that car was a pile of crap the one nice thing was the seats had a huge range of motion, you could set them basically on the floor or cram your head into the roof if you wanted to.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That's interesting, I never noticed my headrest bothering me. I have a power drivers seat and right now its all the way down front and rear and then I have it adjusted as far back as I can go while still putting the clutch all the way in. It's really just a minor thing I have noticed since I got the car 8 months ago. I have noticed when i move the seat further back it lowers quite a bit more, maybe I can do that and put some blocks on the pedals :LOL:. I came from a 2011 chevy cruze, and although that car was a pile of crap the one nice thing was the seats had a huge range of motion, you could set them basically on the floor or cram your head into the roof if you wanted to.
That could be a difference. I have a GS model which doesn't have the power seat. I can adjust height and all, but no leather or power adjust. Sorry I can't be any more help.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Interesting...I'm only 6' but all my height is in the torso so there is a fairly decent list of cars that I can't drive without reclining the seat to 2003 rap music video levels and just generally looking like an idiot while doing so. Thankfully the 3 is not one of them. I have the power seat and the sunroof but with the seat in its downmost position (as all my driver's seats spend their lives), I have a solid inch and a half to two inches to the headliner. This may not sound like much to most people but for me it's about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If anything I find the seating position too low, so much so that at first I was forever scuffing my feet on the bottom of the door panel. Most passengers kick it when the get in. I'm 6ft.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Also 6 foot. I had a 15 Touring Sedan and found the seat to be able to be lowered far lower than comfortable and raised far higher than comfortable. No problems with seat height.

Find a dealer that has a car close to yours and see if it has the same problem. I bet you do not find the problem and you will know there is a problem with your car that can be corrected.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 3 iGT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm interesting, Maybe its just an optical illusion, and I am sitting at a normal height. I have noticed other smaller cars like the corolla and focus around 2015 have much taller dashboards than the 3. Maybe thats why I feel like I sit taller compared to other cars

·
Registered
353 Posts
We keep our power seat at top maximum to help my 5' 3" wife to see better. I just have to bend almost double getting into the car, even more than if getting into the Mx5 with the top up. My 5' 10" frame does not get my head anywhere near the roof.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
With how the front of the interior slopes down at the top of the windshield, it can definitely play tricks on your brain. Try moving your hand between the top of your head and the roof. Might help you see how much room you really have or don't have.

Yeah this sounds stupid. Sometimes the stupid solutions do the trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts