2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eibach probably differentiates between AWD and FWD because of German TUV rules. Replacement parts have to be certified as to quality and fitment compared to the OEM parts.
The AWD springs may be just a little stiffer because the car is slightly heavier. H&R does the same with their springs for the 3rd gen cars, making the diesel powered car springs a bit stiffer due to the slight increase in weight from the diesel engine.
Makes sense!

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 279312

I installed "FWD only" Eibachs on my new AWD Turbo 3 last night and this is how it sits. My previous FWD '19 3 sat just like the Machine Grey one in the previous post pic. A little lower, but still rides great and handles nicely!
I just got eibachs for a turbo sedan and they’re going in Friday. It looks like your drop is even more than the corksports 1.6/2.2. Is it just the angle or did the eibachs really drop that much on the awd platform?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just got eibachs for a turbo sedan and they’re going in Friday. It looks like your drop is even more than the corksports 1.6/2.2. Is it just the angle or did the eibachs really drop that much on the awd platform?
I heard mazda changed the spring rates from the NA to Turbo model. Dunno if that makes a difference if Eibach needs to do the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So after months of debating on what to do and seeing @louis110 post about it I ended up putting corksport springs on my AWD 3. Looks great and it’s not dumped like I was concerned about. Definitely less body roll without the crazy stiff ride. I’d recommend them to anyone. Yes I’m that guy all over this forum worried about cutting bump stops but I decided to just go for it and I’m glad I did. Wheels are 18x8 +45 with 215/45/18 tires.

·
Registered
565 Posts
So after months of debating on what to do and seeing @louis110 post about it I ended up putting corksport springs on my AWD 3. Looks great and it’s not dumped like I was concerned about. Definitely less body roll without the crazy stiff ride. I’d recommend them to anyone. Yes I’m that guy all over this forum worried about cutting bump stops but I decided to just go for it and I’m glad I did. Wheels are 18x8 +45 with 215/45/18 tires.
Looks great! After driving my car for about a year with the Corksport springs, I have no regrets. Got through a snowy Canadian winter and had the car loaded full of gear for road trips with no issues. I will say however, your TIRE SIZE will greatly affect your experience with the lower car. On my summer wheels (Enkeis on OEM Turanza all-seasons 215/45R18) no issues with rubbing whatsoever (even when loaded). Switch to my winters though (OEM wheels on 215/55R18) and it rubs on every little bump and dip, and at full lock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great! After driving my car for about a year with the Corksport springs, I have no regrets. Got through a snowy Canadian winter and had the car loaded full of gear for road trips with no issues. I will say however, your TIRE SIZE will greatly affect your experience with the lower car. On my summer wheels (Enkeis on OEM Turanza all-seasons 215/45R18) no issues with rubbing whatsoever (even when loaded). Switch to my winters though (OEM wheels on 215/55R18) and it rubs on every little bump and dip, and at full lock.
Thanks for the comment and the update on your car! My winter's are OE size 215/45/18 Michelin X Ice, pain in the ass to find but they should work based on what you said.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts