2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not that I've seen. I'm in the same boat. I've even searched all the Japanese aftermarket sites and still nothing for the AWD.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Wouldn't it just be a difference in spring rate? The AWD system only weighs 100 lbs. What makes the AWD different from the FWD?
Yeah you're probably right, just spring rates, but that still requires companies to R&D their products before release to market.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already installed the FWD Eiback springs and it fit fine. Due to a bit more weight on the AWD the front sits higher than the rear. I will probably just do coils in the near future.

·
Registered
565 Posts
So Corksport released their springs today and I was super excited to buy them but now after looking at their release material the drop for the FWD brings it to the perfect height IMO, but the drop for the AWD is TOO low with the additional 230lbs. If I have the trunk loaded or any passengers it looks like it'll rub like crazy. So here is a comparison and potential height drop on an AWD car with the Eibach or H&R springs (assuming the weight vs drop is a linear change). Note Eibach and H&R did not publish their spring rates.

FWD
Eibach | H&R | Corksport
Front: 0.9" | 1.2" | 1.5"
Rear: 1.5" | 1.2" | 1.8"

AWD
Eibach | H&R | Corksport
Front: 1.0" | 1.3" | 1.6"
Rear: 1.9" | 1.6" | 2.2"

Eibach, FWD

@MGrayMZ3

H&R, FWD

@Cra97

Corksport, FWD, M/T

Corksport, AWD, A/T

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is how mine sit right now..I think I need to re-install the Macpherson's all the way in the way the front is sitting.

I have the Eibach kit..and they fit. Just lower than I thought.

·
Registered
66 Posts
FWD
Eibach | H&R | Corksport
Front: 0.9" | 1.2" | 1.5"
Rear: 1.5" | 1.2" | 1.8"

AWD
Eibach | H&R | Corksport
Front: 1.0" | 1.3" | 1.6"
Rear: 1.9" | 1.6" | 2.2"
Just saw corksport release on springs. I agree with other comments, it's too low and will likely look funny with trunk loaded on AWD/AT models.

I know Eibach and H&R only released fwd versions, however your list has AWD included. Do you know if they released AWD versions? or assumption based on corksport fwd vs awd drop %?

It'll be great if there's springs that lower 1" all corners.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just saw corksport release on springs. I agree with other comments, it's too low and will likely look funny with trunk loaded on AWD/AT models.

I know Eibach and H&R only released fwd versions, however your list has AWD included. Do you know if they released AWD versions? or assumption based on corksport fwd vs awd drop %?

It'll be great if there's springs that lower 1" all corners.
yeah, exactly. I took the Corksport published numbers and extrapolated them for Eibach and H&R FWD springs. They are interchangeable between the FWD and AWD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love the way they sit in the front! The back looks like might rub? Does it rub when you go over bumps at high speed?

Ok after re-intsalling my strurs everything is where it should be. Again, the FWD springs fit the AWD cars. You can see the difference in height between incorrect install vs correct.
View attachment 277196 View attachment 277197

·
Registered
41 Posts
For those of you with lowering springs, are you running factory struts/dampers?

Are there any options yet for re-valved struts/dampers to pair with the drop? (I ask b/c I prefer lowering springs v. coilovers)

·
Registered
199 Posts

Are there any options yet for re-valved struts/dampers to pair with the drop? (I ask b/c I prefer lowering springs v. coilovers)
Corksport is working on coils. No aftermarket struts/dampeners yet that i know of.

·
Registered
565 Posts

In all honesty I think any of the FWD coilovers will be interchangeable with the AWD. It's already been proven that any FWD springs will fit fine, just the ride height will change slightly with the different weight.

It's in Japanese, but the AutoExe coilovers work on all trim levels. MAZDA3(BP) | AutoExe

Reactions: perseus

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone seen a AWD hatch lowered on Eibach springs? I've read a couple times it will work but with Eibach saying its only for FWD I'd rather see it done before I commit to it. I know Corksport springs exist now but I think Eibach's rear drop is more appropriate and they provide smaller bump stops which I would prefer over cutting them for a Corksport install.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Anyone seen a AWD hatch lowered on Eibach springs? I've read a couple times it will work but with Eibach saying its only for FWD I'd rather see it done before I commit to it. I know Corksport springs exist now but I think Eibach's rear drop is more appropriate and they provide smaller bump stops which I would prefer over cutting them for a Corksport install.
Literally 5 posts up...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lol ya but if you scroll up I’m clearly not the only one asking this. peoplecallmeian said they fit but never said his was AWD that’s why I asked. Thanks Ian for the post btw

·
Registered
4 Posts

I installed "FWD only" Eibachs on my new AWD Turbo 3 last night and this is how it sits. My previous FWD '19 3 sat just like the Machine Grey one in the previous post pic. A little lower, but still rides great and handles nicely!

·
Super Moderator
6,219 Posts
View attachment 279311

I installed "FWD only" Eibachs on my new AWD Turbo 3 last night and this is how it sits. My previous FWD '19 3 sat just like the Machine Grey one in the previous post pic. A little lower, but still rides great and handles nicely!
Eibach probably differentiates between AWD and FWD because of German TUV rules. Replacement parts have to be certified as to quality and fitment compared to the OEM parts.
The AWD springs may be just a little stiffer because the car is slightly heavier. H&R does the same with their springs for the 3rd gen cars, making the diesel powered car springs a bit stiffer due to the slight increase in weight from the diesel engine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts