2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Mazda 3 GT with A/T. My transmission whines noticeably when it's cold (pretty loud actually).....anyone else notice this? The car runs and drives perfectly. Just a little annoying. 5,000 miles as of today and I bought it new in July of this year.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
2017 Mazda 3 GT with A/T. My transmission whines noticeably when it's cold (pretty loud actually).....anyone else notice this? The car runs and drives perfectly. Just a little annoying. 5,000 miles as of today and I bought it new in July of this year.
IF it's a whine, probably a factory defect on the driveline. This would be a take it into the dealer item.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If it's whining due to holding low gear longer when it's cold for a few minutes it could be the drive system controls warming up the exhaust cats to reduce start up emissions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts