2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new front looks pretty sweet and seems to be compatible on the hatch and sedan. So expensive though. Anyone planning on getting some parts from them in the future?

AutoExe:???????

·
Registered
560 Posts
Lots of options. Exciting! A little disspointed with the spoiler for the hatch though.

Also, sedan owners rejoice, a dual exhaust with exposed tips!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thats just the standard radiator, its just exposed more, plus since the bumper in the pic sits 5mm lower and the opening is bigger it makes it look a bit different.

I'm not sure if I like it or not. The upper grill is throwing me off a bit. Am liking the spoiler quite a bit though.

EDIT: Just noticed the price, holy crap its expensive (116500 yen or $1128 )

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not in love with the kit's front end, i like the lip lights, but the grille/subgrill looks less sophisticated than stock, not sharp enough. Same problem with the side strakes, they look like the dumb 5$ Autozone stick on ovals and fake vents douchebags put on their fenders. My RX-8 had the appearance pkg with similar sill pieces and i thought they looked bad too.

That said, I NEED THAT HATCH SPOILER.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
The new front looks pretty sweet and seems to be compatible on the hatch and sedan. So expensive though. Anyone planning on getting some parts from them in the future?
I added the pics for you and I think it looks amazing. Now they made the hatch look great and the sedan not as good looking

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Mazda spent all of this time making the new Mazda 3 more sophisticated and these options just junk it up. They all look like add-on's and are not integral with the design. I guess if you want a ricer, this is one way to go. That said, I'm a sucker for a touch more chrome on the car to make it look more like a BMW or Audi. I'm going to add a touch of chrome to the grille and fog lights to match the chrome accent on the front already. I'm going to badge the 2.5L motor on the sides of the car and change the SkyActiv badge for one that says GT (as that is what I have). I'm also adding body colored side moldings as pure protection in parking lots. Nothing outrageous, just small touches. I already have the parts and just waiting for warm weather to put them on.

Other than that, I like the functional add-ons that don't show but make a performance difference. The only cars I see on the road with ricer options are driven by kids who think it is cool to sit low and not see the road as opposed to real race drivers who want to see as much of the road as they can. Then there are the ricers who want to wake up the neighborhood with their exhaust systems. Not cool and definitely low brow.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Both bumpers work for the sedan and hatch, it's much cheaper at around $580 (rough math), still pricey:/
Oh I know I was just meaning by the pics shown lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
The top pics make the 2014 look like another run of the mill car like some of the other brands. The current 2014 body in both hatch and sedan makes a statement like "i am my own car ..... and I don,t copy others".

Didn't realize until the other day that the sedan had twin down swept exhaust tips out of the muffler. It would have been nice to have the built in bumper cut outs and have the muffler tips with SS tips .

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree with @rvoll on this body kit. Looks absolutely horrendous. Really ruins the mature sophistication of the car and makes it look like a toy. I'm not against body kits, but in this case, this is one ugly motherfucker.

I am very curious to see what a nice honeycomb grill would look like on this car — I love it on the recent IS F Sports

·
Registered
468 Posts
anyone else spot these on there? Auto-folding mirrors (folds when locked and unfolds when car is unlocked) and only $184.60.
That looks really hot.
Standard mirror housing replacement is about $150.
So i'm guessing this is the whole unit?
Pls someone get this and review!

·
Registered
964 Posts
That spoiler is definitely a step in the right direction but it doesn't flow well with the design of the car, IMO.

I think something like the spoiler from the 2012-2013 MZ3 works best.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts