2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Autocross run in the CSP Miata

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Cdn17Sport6MT 
#1 ·
I've always liked my friend's NC3 Club and this was my 3rd true event in the car... Things are finally starting to jive for me given my disproportionate experience in FWD cars. LOL!

Ultimately, I finished .8 behind the car owner and 1.008 out of overall FTD.

Enjoy!

*It should be noted that I had a friend in the passenger seat on this run and my fastest run had data but no video as the GoPro battery died... It was 96*F the day of this event and I totally get it! LOL!

Tony CSP Miata 6/5/2021

#3 · (Edited)
I've always liked my friend's NC3 Club and this was my 3rd true event in the car... Things are finally starting to jive for me given my disproportionate experience in FWD cars. LOL!

Ultimately, I finished .8 behind the car owner and 1.008 out of overall FTD.

Enjoy!

*It should be noted that I had a friend in the passenger seat on this run and my fastest run had data but no video as the GoPro battery died... It was 96*F the day of this event and I totally get it! LOL!

Tony CSP Miata 6/5/2021
You're good at that! I've done a fair amount of Autocross/Solo/Slalomming... with most of my experience some considerable years ago in a Datsun 510 with perhaps a bit too much rear roll stiffness, making it effectively more FWD in terms of drive. Very, very cool! I also drove two different '20 Mazda Miata's at a Mazda Drive Event, oh, two summers ago... One, an RF, the other a soft top. They were both 6MT's. Surprised they allowed people to drive 6MT's. It broke my heart to see how "heartless" some of the test pilots were with their respective clutches. So stupid. Anyways, the cars were pretty impressive and I DID peel rubber off the sides of the tires!

As a side-note, I actually was pretty surprised by the Mazda6 Turbo that I took out on that same course. Nimble for being such a large car. My own Mazda6 6MT, well, I decided NOT to autocross it, as that would be harder on the car than I want to be. Everyone, YMMV, in this regard! When I used to campaign the Datsun 510, I let-loose, without worry, as I had bought the car for that express purpose... and it was a well-used car. Lovely pedal set-up on that one, and unassisted brakes... so the "platform" on which to pivot for the heeling and toeing was superior to any power brake system I've driven... Fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.