2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight I went out for an autocross practice event and had one of my old rallycross instructors check my driving to find where Im losing time. I apparently have gotten lazy, bad midnight, bad. I was not looking ahead, was sawing the wheel instead of holding firm, not close enough to the cones(but my brand new paint :( o well its just a few cones lol). All said and done I managed to improve my time a full 5 seconds by the end :surprise: good gawd Ive been lazy. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, this car is going to kick ass with some better tires and a swaybar, nevermind the future alignment and adding some negative camber up front, maybe some toe in too. This car has ALOT left in it with some very simple setup tweaks. Next season I will definitely be leaving stock class for suspension alignment adjustments and maybe some different wheels/tires/offset ect.

Guys, these Mazda 3's are a potentially great autocross powerhouse with the right setup. If you have never tried autocross I encourage you to find a local club that has these events and go try it out, its an absolute blast :nerd:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm pretty confident this can definitely be a good track car, my main concerns are the brakes though. Are yours still OEM? If so, how did they hold up? That's my biggest concern with my 3, I can feel some uncertainty in my brakes pretty quickly when I start to "street track" it

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The brakes were good and firm tonight, just shy of 10,000km now. For open track(lapping) I know corksport has found some weak spots but for autocross I find the oem brakes to be more than sufficient. I run out of tire grip long before the brakes would be giving out. Maybe with super sticky tires I might like some better pads/rotors but right now the oem brakes are doing a great job and couldn't be happier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts